Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Pound Puppies, Wind Up Getaway Railroad] Tonka Toy Dogs  (Read 5187 times)

Offline TheMinorityof1990

[ID: Pound Puppies, Wind Up Getaway Railroad] Tonka Toy Dogs
« on: Monday 20 August 2012, 10:26 pm »
I've got this tonka toy playpark for dogs. There's a roundabout, which is light pink with a blue twisty thing. The seats are heartshaped. On the blue twisty stick there are remmants of a yellow sticker, but I'm not sure now if this sticker was only yellow. There's a seesaw, which is a darker pink and has stickers with different coloured flowers on the bar holding the seesaw up. The seats are also heartshaped.

There was also a swing, which I think was blue. The seat was probably heart shaped too, and had bars like on a baby swing. It broke, so it got thrown away.

There are four dogs, but I can only find two atm. One of the dogs has a small rounded hat, with yellow hair sticking out at the sides, in an afro. He's a light beige colour with dark brown spots on his back. He has a blue collar ish thing around his neck. The other dog is a dark brown colour with a white collar ish thing round his neck, with a red bowtie attached to it. He also has white cuffs on his wrists, as if he is wearing clothes. He also has a monicle and a tall straight black top hat with a red - I think - band around it.

The only thing I know for sure is that they're Tonka Toys and were possibly made in 1986. I  don't even know if they are from the same set or not.

Please, if anyone knows anything, please, please, please, let me know.
« Last Edit: Monday 08 October 2012, 04:40 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline luckdragon

Re: Tonka Toy Dogs
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 12:22 am »
I think it's part of the Pound Puppies Wind Up Getaway Railroad:

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_PoundPuppies_Tonka_OtherItems.htm

They seem to have color variations:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/77277609/vintage-lovable-pound-puppies-wind-up
« Last Edit: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 02:26 am by luckdragon »

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 08:46 am »

These are my dogs. Thanks :D It's good to see another photo of them, even if it DOESN'T lead anywhere.

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 09:53 am »
So... same dogs, different set??

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 11:51 am »
That's what I'm thinking as well, that the playset CAN'T have been made for the dogs originally. There's no markings on the playset, so there's no help in IDing them from that direction. I'll post photos as soon as I can.

Offline luckdragon

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 03:38 pm »
Are you sure the playground pieces are not from the Wind Up Getaway Railroad?  Because the descriptions match them, what with the heart shaped seats and all.  The last etsy picture shows them a bit better.

The first Etsy picture of the box, if you zoom in you can see that the merry-go-round (roundabout?) has a sticker covering the pole.  The see-saw has a flower sticker too.

It's not that uncommon for companies to not put their copyright on each piece in a set.

Edit:  One on ebay has the pink seesaw!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-POUND-PUPPIES-TONKA-TRAIN-PLAYSET-WORKS-SO-VERY-CUTE-/200719508357?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebbd0a385

And darn, that's a good price for the set.  It seems to be missing Cooler and the swing, but for the price...  Not that I collect Pound Puppies.  I do still have two of the poseable figurines that I had as a child.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 03:47 pm by luckdragon »

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 04:05 pm »
Yes, that's them. :D So they DO all come from the same set. Thanks so much :D

I'm assuming that Cooler is the dog in a blue sweater? What are the others called?

Offline luckdragon

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 04:13 pm »
Barkerville is the brown one with the top hat.
Cooler is the grey dog in the blue sweater.
Howler has the yellow hair under the bowler hat.
Bright Eyes is the girl in the green sweater.

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_PoundPuppies_Tonka_Figures.htm

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 August 2012, 04:40 pm »
Thanks so much :) I've been trying so long to find out what they were and where they came from :)

anything