Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Star Fairies  (Read 10431 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Star Fairies
« on: Friday 12 March 2010, 06:25 pm »
Tim emailed me this image from ebay and description:

"Hi there I hope you can help me out. This is this picture of an odd winged unicorn from an ebay auction I was trying to win but didn't. From the sellers description it stands about 5 1/2 inches tall and 7 1/2 inches long. The wings are movable and that's all she put in the description. She said it's been in storage since the 90s but didn't say anything about any markings on it. I hope you can help. Thanks"

UPDATE!!!
Mayanbutterfly & Amanda both emailed me to identify this pony as Lavander from Star Fairies. She came as part of a playset with the Star Coach.

Go to my Star Fairies page.

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_StarFaries.htm
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Star Fairies
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 July 2010, 04:10 am »
I think I have one of the bases to these somewhere. I need to find it. It was one of my mystery items until a forum identified it for me.

Also, how did this not sell?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tonka-TOY-CATALOG-1985-Star-Fairies-GoBots-More-/270605432938?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0157386a

« Last Edit: Wednesday 25 August 2010, 04:08 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 August 2010, 04:07 am »
Are the bases/wands for these very sought after?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zap18

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 August 2010, 03:27 am »
I see the Star Fairies market fluctuate a lot, period.  A lot of times they don't seem to be worth anything, but every now and then they get a bit.  If anything is worth something though, you'd think it would be the easily lost pieces like yours.

I used to watch the Star Fairies cartoon... they were so much more attractive as cartoon characters :P

anything
anything