Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Realistic price check PJ sparkles rabbit pet  (Read 5097 times)

Offline mouse

Realistic price check PJ sparkles rabbit pet
« on: Thursday 16 December 2010, 03:57 am »
I have a PJ sparkles rabbit pet I bought because it was cheap but have now decided to sell because I'm not really attached to it and I need space for other stuffs (don't we always!). I was wondering what a realistic price check for this would be, if anyone has any ideas. I've looked on ebay and seen the ended prices which range anything from $50 to over a hundered. Does the colour and type of animal reflect on the price? The one I have is in really good condition, purple rabbit, with heart necklace too. The eyes still have the glow and dark stuff and it still glows.

Offline EmBee

Re: Realistic price check PJ sparkles rabbit pet
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 December 2010, 05:56 am »
Personally I have no idea why they are listed for so much money on eBay... my guess is one or a couple of sellers tried it and everybody else just copied them.  :<  I would suppose they are uncommon in good condition with glow-in-the-dark heart necklace/bracelet, but perhaps not necessarily rare.  They are officially called P.J. Sparkles Sparklins (1989) by the way.   ;D

Anyway good luck with your sale.  I'd love to have one one day but I can't afford it right now.  :)  If it were me I'd say they were worth $10 - $40 loose and $65 NIB.

-Em
;)

Offline emery

• emery's emporium
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 December 2010, 05:07 pm »
Looking at the actual ended auctions I would say that $60 - $75 is a realistic price but that depends on if you are selling on eBay or wanting to offer it here I guess. Keep in mind the ones on eBay are single bids and they have been bought at the starting price or BIN price of the auction. If someone were to list one starting at $0.99 I can't say that it would go that high. I think people basically don't have a choice but to pay the higher prices just because those are the only ones out there. That being said you don't want to rip yourself off by letting it go cheap when it's obvious you could get a nice price for it if you went with a listing on eBay.

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when

Offline Whispersofthewind

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 December 2010, 09:17 pm »
ive sold a few for over $50.  having the necklace adds more value to it though.

Offline zap18

« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 December 2010, 02:07 am »
Put it on ebay for a buy it now above $50- you can kind of decide how much over the $50 based on condition and necklace.  Honestly, most of mine get sold to Japan, so it helps if I have other 80s plush up at the same time- then more than one usually gets picked up :)

Offline brieanna

« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 January 2011, 09:30 pm »
The PJ Sparkles pets ALWAYS go for oodles of money.  There are a lot of people looking for them to replace the ones they lost during their childhood.  Go to www.plushmemories.com and just do a search for PJ Sparkles and see what I mean. 

I think $50 is a steal for your rabbit.

Offline everythingcollectibles

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 January 2011, 06:06 am »
If i were you i would go the ebay route BUT dont Auction it  put it as a Buy It now probably around $75 with a best offer option set the threshhold at $50 (meaning anything under that will automatically be declined) then if you get offers pick the best one! These Are Rare and remember these are now over 20 PLus Years old You cant get them a a corner store like walmart or target. As for auctions as some one said if you were to list it at .99 you might get some action but Not Like you would have say 5 to 10 years ago AUCTIONS are a dead bread. Do a search for most items and Now adays BUY IT NOW out weighs Auctions Hands down. And actually an item is only WORTH what the buyer is willing to pay someone cheap may only be willing to pay 10 or 20 dollars when someone who isnt cheap and has money to spend may be willing to pay $75 who are we to say someone is under paying or over paying "Worth" Is just an opinion and just like you know what , everyone Has one.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 18 January 2011, 06:09 am by everythingcollectibles »

anything