Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: A lucky find  (Read 6029 times)

Offline zoeshouseofplush

A lucky find
« on: Wednesday 29 December 2010, 05:10 pm »
While i was thrifting for new plushies to add to my collection I found a original Tickle Me Elmo for 30p and it still works

Offline EdenEye

Re: A lucky find
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 December 2010, 07:17 am »
Awesome! I still have my original Tickle Me Cookie Monster.

Anyone remember what the Tickle Me Elmo's were selling at during that crazy Christmas? I don't remember.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 January 2011, 04:10 am »
From Wikipedia:

"The dolls' short supply due to the unexpected demand lead stores to increase their price drastically. Newspaper classifieds sold the plush toy for hundreds of U.S. dollars. People reported that the toy, originally sold at US $28.99, fetched as much as $1500."

Here's the People magazine article in question:
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20143226,00.html

Craziness!
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 January 2011, 11:15 pm »
That's ridiculous Lol. There was nothing insanely special about that toy. This was obviously just proof that people will do anything to get what they cannot have. Even if they really truely, don't want it. Just like kids who only want a toy some other child is holding, and dont care about it after they get it.

Offline blackorchid77

« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 February 2011, 07:05 pm »
lol a funny story... when my sister (in her 20's at the time!) got the tickle me elmo doll, she passed it to my mom and is soon has she pressed his belly, she threw it on the ground screaming! (the vibrating scared her LOL!) soo funny!