Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: What did you come so close to getting but then missed out ?  (Read 9663 times)

Offline Fabian

• I <3 old toys ! :D
What did you come so close to getting but then missed out ?
« on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 05:00 pm »
I almost had a Really Rare Steiff bear was won of the 1900 models what is a very old one ! Cant believe it Was only 5 euros !!!!
To bad Some old man that was probally just going to resell it Bought it like 3 seconds before me for like 3euros under the price she was
asking because it was 'dirty' ... I was Like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So what is the best thing you have come so close to buying but then just missed out on ?

PS sorry if i'm copying this question somehow ?
If you want to add me on MSN...ASK 1st (I only add people I know normally or have A general need to talk too .)

Offline Roxanne

• ?
Re: What did you come so close to getting but then missed out ?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 06:18 pm »
Well, it must be when I was about to buy the villains of Biker Mice From Mars.
I found them at a second hand shop, but didn't have enough money on me to buy them.
I went to get them the next day after, but they were gone.
(But I guess you already know that story :))
I'm still upset about it. Well, it happens to all of us.
This wasn't the first time, it happend to alot of different things.
It always upsets me, but it's part of life :)
"Tell me that everything will be alright in the end."

Offline Fabian

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 07:31 pm »
Yeah Roxie It is really sad :(

Biker mice from mars are not that cheap as they where when I was little and could still buy them in the shop :(
Long time ago :p
If you want to add me on MSN...ASK 1st (I only add people I know normally or have A general need to talk too .)

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 10:30 pm »
I've got some Mint In Package Biker Mice from Mars. I think they are the main characters, not the villians.

Offline emery

• emery's emporium
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 January 2011, 10:30 pm »
There have been a couple amazing My Little Pony lots on eBay that were Buy-It-Now's and by the time I clicked to look at the picture and then hit the "buy" button someone else had already snagged it! But I don't get too upset because a couple times I have gotten lucky and been that person who was fast enough to hit the button and I'm sure someone else was in the same place that I had been, wishing I had clicked faster!

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when

Offline manateejaq

« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 January 2011, 02:03 am »
I found a nice Nosy Bear at a thrift shop, but it didn't have a tag on it. When I asked a clerk how much it cost she took it and said that it would have to be priced in the back room and that it would be back on the shelves the next day. I can understand that policy, but I was leaving the next day to see my family out of state so I was bummed! Gah! It was in my hands!

Offline Fabian

« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 January 2011, 03:03 am »
@Manateejaq yeah i know the feeling but lucky you can pick one of them up on ebay for 20-35 dollars what is cool too :)
@emery I have heard alot about MLP are they really still that popular? I mean yeah I'm not really into that because i'm a man :p but still it intrests me to see how collectable things are ... I normally get money for other stuff (like my TYs) by selling lego / batman / transformers G1/ pokemon / yugioh / Magic cards on ebay .. I'm not that good at it :( only got about 300-350$ worth of profit in the last 60 days ...  ::)
But normally that would be much higher :D (havent been going to boot fairs as much )

I need to ask is it ok to put up a wanted thing in the sell and buy section for buying TYs and pokemon cards but well telling them that it is half for my collection and other half for resale ? I have over 5000 cards in my collection :D so you can understand why I am willing to sell a few and trade in them :)

@edeneye are they really worth that much? I dont really know because I had the pocket format or something of the BMFM when i was about 4-5 years old and now I think i have 1-2 of them left :( but still I dont know because they are in storages and i'm looking to put them onto display :D they are only like 1.50 cm (length) by 0.75cm (wiegth) by 1 cm (hight) Like I said very very small :D

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 January 2011, 05:07 am »
I am not sure how much Biker Mice from Mars stuff is worth really, or if it's desired at the moment. I've got 2 or 3 large ones and a package of cake toppers. :) I have a lunch kit too but its got writing on the bottom and the inside. :(

Offline Roxanne

• ?
« Reply #8 on: Friday 21 January 2011, 07:12 am »
I think i have 1-2 of them left :( but still I dont know because they are in storages and i'm looking to put them onto display :D they are only like 1.50 cm (length) by 0.75cm (wiegth) by 1 cm (hight) Like I said very very small :D

Ahh, and when I was asking you if you had any left you said no D:
You should give them to me, I collect them ;D

@ EdenEye; I don't really know if BMFM is desired in general, but I do am looking to complete my collection.
I have about 3 different Throttle's, (one wears an army suit, I never saw that one before! He's from my childhood, so yeah.) 2x Vinnie and 1 Modo.
I'm still looking for the villains. The mad scientist and the fish head and all the others.
I'm still looking for Charley too, I don't have her. I saw someone on here who was selling a BMFM lot and she was in there, so were the villains.
I don't really have the money to buy them, otherwise I would.
« Last Edit: Friday 21 January 2011, 07:13 am by Roxanne »

Offline Fabian

« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 January 2011, 11:44 am »
@Roxie
I'm not sure I still have them I didnt want to get your hopes up and when you asked I didnt remember its only this week or 2 that I have remembered I "might" have them ;)
that is also why I said "I think" because I dont really know where they are :( All I know is I still have a few toys here and there But dont really know where :p

Offline Roxanne

• ?
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 January 2011, 02:49 pm »
I was just joking.

Offline Fabian

« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 January 2011, 03:26 pm »
Ah ok sorry :p I'm not good with things like that :D

But you can have them if I can find them :D

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 January 2011, 03:30 am »
I have found a he-man toy cheep decided not to buy it and it was gone the next time I was in the thrift store. I think it was some horse that was complete and in good condition.  I have also missed out on a ton of good toys in the bargain bin when kay-bee toys closed for good. I saw one of the x-men play sets on mark down  for about 30 bucks I said I am not paying that much. I got it latter for about 89 plus shipping on amazon.

anything