Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Look what I just won on eaby for a really good price!  (Read 13256 times)

Offline mouse

Look what I just won on eaby for a really good price!
« on: Sunday 30 January 2011, 04:31 am »
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160536119763&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT With currency conversion it cost me 122 something Australian to buy these 7 dolls, and that's with shipping. They didn't put the names of the dolls in the title which way reduced the number of people who would've seen the auction. Can't wait to get them :)

Offline EdenEye

Re: Look what I just won on eaby for a really good price!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 January 2011, 06:46 am »
Those are gorgeous! Great find! I would have definetly bid on those myself if I saw them. :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 January 2011, 02:00 pm »
Bargain love em xxx

Offline DarkAnjel77

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 January 2011, 11:40 pm »
Awesome find!! 

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 February 2011, 02:47 am »
Nice find I have never head of these dolls they look awesome !

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 February 2011, 01:03 pm »
WOW awesome win! fantastically jealous especially over your ursula! xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 02 February 2011, 03:32 pm »
Ditto on the Ursula. I regularly see that one go for $80 by itself!

Offline mouse

« Reply #7 on: Monday 21 February 2011, 02:02 am »
I'm not getting these dolls.Here's why (this is the majority of the converation, except message I sent first asking to debox the villian dolls). I didn't want to go for a cheaper shipping option (first clas - which there is no way could cost $70!) because I thought they just want me to send more money, seperate to the ebay transaction and just keep the dolls so then they would be able to keep the money from the outside of ebay transaction. You can see how long the conversation went on and how evasive the seller was being - not answering my questions clearly and again I think this is because they wanted to keep going for the 45 days. I did not want to settle for a shipping method I wasn't comfortable with because I didn't trust that seller was going to be honest. You can tell they're annoyed their auction didn't go for more, but they didn't list it in a way that would attract more buyers and unfortunately, that's the way ebay goes. You have to suck it up. They made a huge mistake in the postage, again, that's their fault. Do you guys think I was harsh in my dealings with this seller or would you have been mistrustful too?

I will gladly refund you the your money becacuse you are Cheep Bitch, I've been wonting to refund you your money from day one get a life.

- teddybear9dogs

To: teddybear9dogs
Subject: Re: teddybear9dogs sent a message about Story Book Dolls - Disney - Barbie #160536119763
Sent Date: Feb-19-11 09:10:34 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

If you believe they don't ship flat rate then why have you never told me that? I know for a fact you can ship flat rate priority because I recieved a package the other day using that method. http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.aspx?country=10013&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=11
Just refund my money, which is what you want to do anyway because the auction didn't go as high as you'd hoped.

- valerie7964

To: valerie7964
Subject: Re: teddybear9dogs sent a message about Story Book Dolls - Disney - Barbie #160536119763
Sent Date: 20-Feb-11 03:03:12 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

They don't ship flat rate to Australia, If you don't beleive me go down to your our local post office and ask for yourself, what part do you not understand, THIS IS MY LAST E_MAIL

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-17-11 17:06:57 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

You wouldn't have had to spend money on the gas running around if you had done what I asked in the first place and gotten a large flat rate priority box. So what is the method of shipping you are saying I am paying an extra $30 for? That was my question. As I said I asked from the beggining to debox the dolls and send them in a large flat rate priority box. Is this what you are going to do now? If you go through our conversation you can see that I have continually asked that from the get go. You quoted me a shipping price of $69.95 for first class, but I know that could not be correct because first class does not cost that much. I am happy not to have any money taken off for the dolls you can keep, I only said maybe we can work something out about that, if you do not want to work something out, then that is fine. I haven't sent any extra money for shipping because you have previously lied about the cost and when I asked you have not told me what I would be paying for, you also said there were no stands and now you're saying there are. When I know, I will send the money. For priority flat rate shipping the box is in included in the cost of sending the parcel (which means you don't have to buy a box). I never asked you to buy the other box, I requested the large flat rate priority box, and you have (for an unknown reason) repeatedly ignored my request. So my question is, if I send you the $30, will you then send the dolls and stands priority mail? To send me an invoice via paypal go to send money and create invoice, make sure to put the ebay item number in the item number/ID section (you may already know how to do this but in case not I thought I would mention it).

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 18-Feb-11 02:42:21 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

you said in your last e-mail you would pay an extra 30.00 dollars for shipping have you sent it NO. why would you say that if you are not going to do it. if I keep spneding all this gas running around to get you the cheepest price and buying several boxes to try to make you happy I wont make a dime on this deal. 82.91 minus 20.00 equal 62.91 minus 15.00 for the first big box. equal 47.91 minus 7.50 for the second box equal 40.41 so I'm gust giving the dolls away. If you are sending me 30.00 dollars for shiping send it if not take it withuot the stands.

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-17-11 00:17:58 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Hi - I have never changed my mind. From the beggining I asked you to de-box the dolls and send them in a large flat rate priority box. First you told me the dolls didn't come with stands and now you've found the stands? I always knew thought they came with stands and the stands are part of what I am paying for, part of the doll therefore when you take them out of the box you would include the stands. I don't understand what's going on. What method would you be shipping with? I am not playing any games, you are quoting me shipping estimates all over the place and it never seems to be for the shipping method I have asked for?

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 17-Feb-11 16:35:49 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

I said I was send the dolls on Monday, you sent me a e-mail changing the contents of the box saying you wonted the stands with them, so that change the waight of the box and the size of the box, the post office will not give me a refund on the box I already bought. The dolls are debox and ready to ship but this will be the third box you are costing me money evey time you change your mind if you wont a large boxit is going to cost you, you said you would pay $30.00 extra for the but it is going to coast you an extra $10.00 for another box, take it or leave it. I'm tired of playing games. I can ship it as is no extra charge debox with no stands. with stand and a larger box $40.00

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-15-11 17:08:45 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Hi - I'm not going to send you an extra $40 when I don't know what's going on. From the get go I asked you to de-box the dolls and ship them in a large priority box flat rate mailer.

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 16-Feb-11 01:47:23 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

I need for You to send me an extra $40.00 because I have to buy a different box, I had already bought a box now I have to buy a diiferent one.

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-12-11 17:11:36 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

I think when you opened their packaging there should have been stands in the packaging? Like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Cruella-Vil-Barbie-1996-NO-box-101-Dalmations-/130481308072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e614ac1a8 Would you get a large flat priority box - I am happy to pay the extra $30 shipping.

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 13-Feb-11 03:57:39 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

I'm not aware of any stands, They would not fit in the box. NO STANDS

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-11-11 19:08:23 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Okay thanks. If the stands would fit in too I would greatly appreciate it.

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 12-Feb-11 12:38:08 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

The smallest box I could find would coast $49.00 no bubble wrap no wrapping paper with conformation. For the four dolls only. Out of the boxes. I will be sending them Monday when the post office opens.

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-11-11 06:04:23 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Why would first class cost so much? I know you can't give an accurate price quote because you haven't yet deboxed the dolls, but the maximum price for first class mail is $30.35. That means you would be getting an almost $5 handling fee already. As i said I would prefer priority mail and I would be happy to pay the extra for that which would be about another $30 ands that would still include a handling fee of about $5 or so.

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 11-Feb-11 15:47:45 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

Yes first class mail, no conformation and the higher price is for signing at the door conformation of delivery.

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-10-11 05:25:17 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Hi so the standard option - that's first class? And by confirmation you mean you will confirmation of posting or that I will have to sign for them when they get here? (sorry just want to clarify)

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 11-Feb-11 00:15:07 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

If I take the dolls out of the boxes I can shipped all four in one box for $69.95 standard or $99.99 with conformation minus the $35.00 you already paid and $20.00 for the dolls that I would keep. Do you wont them bubble wrap or wrap in paper. If this deal is not accecptable to you concider this transaction term. I will refund you your money!!

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-09-11 17:07:07 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Hi - I would like to have cruella de vil, ursula, evil queen and malificent, so I would like 4 dolls and you would be keeping 3 dolls (belle and 2 x cinderella). I'm confused as to why it would cost so much for shipping if the dolls would be deboxed? Are you willing to debox? Each time you message back you say nothing about the deboxing of the dolls. If the villain dolls were deboxed I think they would all be able to ship together in a large flat rate priority box. I would prefer they be taken out of the box if that means cheaper shipping (and I like dolls to be out of the box for display anyway). If it turned out even with taking the 4 dolls out of their boxes that not all 4 would fit into the large flat rate priority box I would pay for the doll/s that didn't fit to be shipped in another box. Do you understand what I mean? If not I can clarify more.

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 10-Feb-11 01:17:39 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

Yes if you would not like to pay for shipping the the two dolls that would be fine. each doll would be the price I quoted minues the 35.00 dollers you already payed plus another 20.00 dollars for the two dolls I would keep for a total of 55.00 for shipping. If you factor how much you payed for the lot each doll come to about 10.00 each and you wont the most expensive ones that are my favoret. let me know which way you would like them shipped and put the money in my pay pal account.

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-08-11 17:44:47 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Hi Jerry - so you would not consider taking just the villain dolls out of the box and posting just those dolls to me? I mean take the villian dolls out of their packaging so they would be cheaper to ship, and you keep the belle and the cinderella dolls in box to re-sell?

- valerie7964

Sent Date: 09-Feb-11 04:01:51 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

Valerie, went to the post office today and they will ship each box indiviualy for 19.95 per box without conformation 7 to 10 days delivery or 49.95 per box with conformation 3 to 6 days delivery with conformation. Remember you already paid 35.00 for shipping. let me know what you like to do?

- teddybear9dogs

Sent Date: Feb-07-11 04:10:50 PST

Dear teddybear9dogs,

Hi Jerry did you get my message about deboxing the villians dolls?

- valerie7964

Subject: teddybear9dogs sent a message about Story Book Dolls - Disney - Barbie #160536119763
Sent Date: 04-Feb-11 02:07:19 AEDST

Dear valerie7964,

I'm still waiting to here back from you, did you wont to pay $649.00 minues the $35.00 you already paid or do you won't me to refund you your money? Thanks Jerry

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #8 on: Monday 21 February 2011, 03:47 am »
Wow. I couldn't even read through that whole thing.
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 February 2011, 06:53 am »
Sounds like a nut bar to me. Better to just not deal with them anymore. Contact Ebay with the issue and they can help you resolve it.

Offline mouse

« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 February 2011, 11:26 am »
Sounds like a nut bar to me. Better to just not deal with them anymore. Contact Ebay with the issue and they can help you resolve it.

Thanks for agreeing with me! It was a good deal and that was why I could afford it, I couldn't afford to pay a lot extra for shipping and risk losing the lot if they didn't send anything (which it seemed to me a high probability). I'd rather not take the risk. Despite my being a 'cheep bitch' they haven't yet refunded my money so I've opened a case.

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 February 2011, 11:36 am »
I read the whole thing and omg what a weirdo! First off you won the auction for ALL thesolls not just the villains so that was you being nice (I wouldn't have been)
she clearly just didn't wanna send them in the first place due to the price you won them at but kinda tough. She sold them on eBay so suck it up.
Report her to eBay and send ALL te emails including your replies to eBay.
Sorry you didn't get your dolls though that's upsetting xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline blackorchid77

« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 February 2011, 03:18 am »
wow that was an entertaining read, sorry but it was!

i like the part where u said "
If you believe they don't ship flat rate then why have you never told me that? I know for a fact you can ship flat rate priority because I recieved a package the other day using that method. http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices.aspx?country=10013&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=11
Just refund my money, which is what you want to do anyway because the auction didn't go as high as you'd hoped."

LOL your aweseom!

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 May 2011, 05:40 am »
omg, worst ebay seller ever. Plus he/she is a complete moron. And yes they do ship flat rate internationally.. it's on the website and all over the flat rate display in the PO..
Always looking for my little ponies!

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 May 2011, 05:42 am »
if you ever run into this kind of problem again just ask for their zip code and then go to usps.com and find the info yourself. Then when he says something ridiculous like "I need to go pay $40 more for another box" you can be like, wtf? it says right here there's free boxes and then link them to it.
Always looking for my little ponies!