Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Baby Loves To Talk  (Read 23173 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Baby Loves To Talk
« on: Friday 12 March 2010, 06:59 pm »
Darlene emailed me this doll description:

"I am hoping to identify a baby doll I got for christmas somewhere between 1989 and 1992. I'm leaning toward 1991. I have been looking for over a year for this doll. From what I remember she had a soft body with the vinyl arms and legs (or soft plastic). She had blonde hair and a big battery pack in her back. I'm pretty sure she took 4 x C or D batteries. I think that if you pushed her head back a little it would activate her and she would say things like "acb" and you would correct her "abc"...then she would get it wrong a couple of times then say the correct thing "abc abc" (and laugh). She would do the same thing with the would applesauce (I think) and the numbers 123. I'm pretty sure her mouth moved and I'm not so sure if her eyes opened and shut. Does anyone know what this doll is?"
Thanks in advance, Darlene

UPDATE!!!
Darlene emailed me to say she has managed to ID this doll herself. It is called Baby Loves To Talk, produced by ToyBiz in 1992 as both a black and a white doll.

Here are some images:

Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline smiranda

Re: Baby Loves To Talk
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 August 2011, 01:09 am »
I have a "baby loves to talk" doll in original mnt condition with box which is also in mint condition.  let me know if you are intersted in purchasing item.

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 August 2011, 09:13 pm »
Do you still have her? How much are you wanting?

Offline smiranda

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 August 2011, 08:14 pm »
hi, sold the baby loves to talk which was in mint condition, but have another one which is also in original box, although box is dusty but perfectly intact, also includes original booklet.  doll is in great condition but could use a bath. hair still in pigtails, onesie she is wearing could use a wash, but in overall great condition.  I could send you pics if you send me your email address.  I am located in california and have a paypal account should you be interested in purchasing the doll and paying directly thru paypal and include shipping.  I also have a mint condition "baby walk'n'roll" by Mattel if interested, also in original box.

Offline ricaboricua

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 September 2011, 05:22 am »
hi i wonder if you still have that doll and how much you are asking for.im interesting baby loves to talk please replay let me know.thanks

Offline smiranda

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 September 2011, 09:02 pm »
Hello,  Are you still interested in purchasing "baby loves to talk" doll.  I am selling her for $40, plus $10 shipping.  I will be listing her on ebay and craigslist  with possible lower bidding price if you'd like to check it out.  ebay id: tcbauctions

Thanks

Offline REDD07

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 June 2012, 09:15 pm »
Looking for this doll.. Baby loves to talk! had one as a child. and I want to pay the joys onto my little girls. if you or anyone has this for sale please please please contact me. my email is rltimko@yahoo.com if i don't answer on here in time. THANKS!!!

Offline Abanto

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 19 July 2012, 12:16 am »
I have a "baby loves to talk" doll in original mnt condition with box which is also in mint condition.  let me know if you are intersted in purchasing item.

I know this was almost a year ago but if you still have this doll, im willing to pay a rather high amount if you still have it in MINT condition!!! my email is afairchild1987@yahoo.com please get in contact with me!

Offline hducote

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 July 2012, 03:04 pm »
I have a baby loves to talk from my childhood. I LOVED her! She was a gift from Santa. I have had her since she was brand new and she still works perfectly. Her clothes are in excellent shape, but she is missing the original pony tail holders. I might be interested in selling her if the price is right. You can contact me at heather_ducote@yahoo.com.

anything