Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: WANTED: Furry Family Sets  (Read 8870 times)

Offline asheehan

WANTED: Furry Family Sets
« on: Wednesday 09 March 2011, 05:58 pm »
Hello. I am looking for Furry Family toy sets by Takara Tomy, or the earlier version which were called Funny Tails.

Here are a couple of pictures of the toys I am talking about.

Thanks a lot for any help on where to find these play sets!
« Last Edit: Wednesday 09 March 2011, 06:03 pm by asheehan »

Offline princess_lucy

Re: WANTED: Furry Family Sets
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 March 2011, 10:50 am »
They're constantly on my want list too :) They're hard to come by because a lot of people on ebay don't seem to want to ship internationally :( Are you in the UK?

Offline asheehan

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 March 2011, 03:28 pm »
No, I am in the U.S. I constantly search ebay for them. There's actually a bundle up right now but the only set I want out of it is the pig set and they're missing the baby pig! But I did find a seller for the pig set on a different website, so now I'm really just after the lion set, or any other sets that exist and I don't know about. And I just happened to come across the Funny Tails information...I never knew they existed! But I have not found anything at all about them.

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 March 2011, 06:37 pm »
I saw that lot too! The seller has it set so you can't message them though which is a bit rubbish :(

Offline sirimaedoll

• Sirimae's toys and dolls for sale
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 March 2011, 05:11 am »
The Funny Tails photo you have is mine. ^__^ They were made in 1987 by Takara, the playsets and the figures were sold separately though. When Takara released the Furry Families from 1992 to 1994 they released everything in one set. Which makes a lot more sense. lol.
The rest of my Furry Families are on my flickr account too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirimae/

I have a Furry Families kitty set (the teapot new in the box) and also a japanese only bunny set for sale (also has the box), happy to ship world wide too.

If anyone needs any additional information on Furry Families, just let me know. There were several japanese only sets released but they are incredibly hard to find. I have photo's of a few though.

These are the sets I have needing new homes. ^__^

I love collecting dolls and toys! I adore vintage 80's the most but have some collections that are outside of that. I enjoy meeting new friends and talking about collections too! My collection is mostly on my flickr account ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirimae/ ) ^__^

Offline catlover51

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 March 2011, 02:27 am »
Impressive collection!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 12 March 2011, 02:40 am »
Do you remember Pink-Aisle.com that used to have the guide to Furry Families? :(
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline mouse

« Reply #7 on: Saturday 12 March 2011, 01:53 pm »
Do you remember Pink-Aisle.com that used to have the guide to Furry Families? :(

:P

Offline inkyfingers

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 20 October 2013, 10:03 pm »
I have these available on WEbstore.com  It's a free auction site and I think I have them at a buy it now. Message me from webstore and let me know where you live and I'll try to get exact postage cost to you. I have 5 or 6 sets available. :)  Have a great day.