Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Barbie and the Rockers, 1st Edition] Unknown Outfit  (Read 2728 times)

Offline EdenEye

[ID: Barbie and the Rockers, 1st Edition] Unknown Outfit
« on: Thursday 10 March 2011, 10:56 am »
So I picked up this doll today at a thift store. I was excited to find a Barbie and the Rockers doll. :) After doing some quick google and ebay searches I cannot find this outfit on a Rockers Barbie anywhere.

Anyone know what set this outfit is from? Was it clothes bought separetely?

Does anyone know if this is actually a Barbie and the Rockers doll? Due to her crazy eyeshahow, I believe she is.

Let me know :)

« Last Edit: Monday 30 May 2011, 10:28 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Eilonwe

Re: Barbie and the Rockers Unknown Outfit
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 March 2011, 04:16 pm »
The doll is the 1st edition Barbie & the Rockers. The T-shirt came in the box with the doll and I believe yours is wearing her original pants and bracelet, too.

http://www.1000barbies.com/21A/SUC51637.JPG

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 March 2011, 05:35 am »
Thanks Eilonwe, but how do you know the this shirt came in the box? Did you own one of these dolls. Pretty cool that I found her with everything original. She has a bad leg though, it keeps popping out of the hip unfortunately. :)

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 March 2011, 04:03 pm »
I didn't have Barbie in childhood, but I did have Dana, who came with a white tee. And Deedee is in my adult collection and she came with an orange tee.

Also, if you look at the pic I linked to, you can see it in the box.

Offline Fairy Dust

Re: [ID: 1st Edition] Barbie and the Rockers Unknown Outfit
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 May 2011, 02:42 am »
Yep Eilonwe is right.  That shirt came as a bonus for the doll in her box.  There are several variants of the pants.  I think I had that variant pattern of pants as a child. :)

anything