Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: So what's the deal with squinkies?  (Read 3683 times)

Offline mouse

So what's the deal with squinkies?
« on: Wednesday 16 March 2011, 07:32 am »
So I found out they've got disney squinkies now. We don't have squinkies of any kind in Australia so I was wondering what's the thing how some of the little bubble case thingos are glittery or whatever and you can't really see what's inside. Is that so that the purchaser doesn't know what characters they're going to get so it's a surprise (but all packs are the same), or is it that you can't see what you're going to get so you don't know if the pack you buy has all the characters and if there's doubles and so forth?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: So what's the deal with squinkies?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 March 2011, 11:45 pm »
i guess it is packaged as luck of the draw and there are play sets too

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 March 2011, 05:06 pm »
I actually think each bubble pack series has the same things in them, but the bubbles you can't see inside have the more exciting Squinkies in them.

Offline DarkAnjel77

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 March 2011, 05:13 am »
I personaly think they are a waste of money.  The little pigures aren;t ever cute.  It looks like you have to buy the same ones over and over to get the "hidden" ones.  Just my opinion.

Offline Luvlee

« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 July 2011, 02:07 pm »
The Disney ones are cute. And in what other line have so many characters been lovingly well represented?!

They're a gumball type machine that I imagine many parents keep around as a reward system for chores and good behavior. The toys should be slightly obscured to retain a surprise factor, but one in every pack is blind. Capsule toys aren't huge here like they are elsewhere{cough-Japan-cough} so it's pretty neat to see this gashapon-esque toy line getting so much positive feedback. The dispensers are adorable and take fake coins that are included with each machine or actual money(pennies and dimes) though feedback on the quality isn't so positive.

I researched these for my cat, Grim, cuz he loves them. They looked like they'd bounce so I got the cheapest 3 pack I could find. One of the capsules had a rubbery ring you can put a squinkie on.

The rest are mostly ugly and make great cat toys. Always supervise your kitty with any new toy. Some cats will eat things they shouldn't(like electrical cords, plastic bags, and rubber) abd even cat toys(intended for cats) can be unsafe or become unsafe in the paws of a kitty.

Only one of my four cats cares about Squinkies, but he's NUTS for them;D they bounce all over like crazy.

anything
anything