Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Original Liddle Kiddle, Sweet Treats, 1979  (Read 9589 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Original Liddle Kiddle, Sweet Treats, 1979
« on: Friday 12 March 2010, 07:25 pm »
Sarah emailed me this toy description:

"Hi, I just discovered your site, and it's great! Brought back so many memories. I am now wondering about a tiny doll and house set that I had when I was little. It may be from the mid-to-late 1970's because it belonged first to my older sister. The main thing I remember is the house, which was plastic and shaped like an ice cream soda glass. It was light blue. The back side of it was flat, and it flipped down to reveal the house inside. I think the inner side of that flap might have had a front lawn-type scene or something. I think the house had 3 little floors. I can't remember if there was any furniture, but I think there might have been a ladder between the floors. The house was probably only about 8" tall. The doll was very little, probably only 2 to 3". I can't really remember what she looked like, but I think she had rooted hair.
I'm thinking this could be a Liddle Kiddle, but I could not find a description or picture online that matches it. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it. It was probably sold at some long-ago yard sale. Does anyone remember this?"
Thanks, Sarah

UPDATE!!!
Thanks to Megan who identified this playset as Liddle Kiddle, from the original line produced by Mattel. It is from the Sweet Treats line called Ice Cream Sundae, produced in 1979. This specific playset was called Strawberry Mary's House.
« Last Edit: Friday 12 March 2010, 07:55 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Original Liddle Kiddle, Sweet Treats, 1979
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 March 2010, 07:55 pm »
Fran emailed me this doll image and (breif) description:

"It has no markings at all and is the same size as a Liddle Kiddle.
Thanks."
Fran

Kampi adds:

"I remember this doll coming from something where you watered a plastic tulip and it opened to show this doll living inside. She wore a tiny flower like skirt as well."

UPDATE!!!
Thanks to Allison who confirmed this doll is indeed a Liddle Kiddle, from the last of the original line produced by Mattel. She is from one of the Sweet Treats series, produced in 1979.
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

anything