Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Land of Pleasant Dreams  (Read 15304 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Land of Pleasant Dreams
« on: Friday 12 March 2010, 07:27 pm »
Trudie emailed me this plush toy description and image, the toys in question being circled (bear, bunny, puppy and pony):

"Please help me identify my fav childhood toys!!! I have searched and searched the internet and have found every toy I had apart from this collection. Each teddy came with a story book and a story cassette. I think there was about eight all together and the stories all took part in dreams. I remember the fields is the books were drawn as if made of patchwork and each teddy had a patch sewn to it. Please, please, please help!"
Trudie

UPDATE!!!
Thanks to Kate who ID-ed these toys as Land of Pleasant Dreams produced by Worlds of Wonder in 1986 (the same company that made Teddy Ruxpin). They were a series of books, tapes and plush animals. There was also five VHS live action puppet stories based on the characters.
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline dellie289

Re: Land of Pleasant Dreams
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 September 2010, 12:04 am »
:D

the one i had was the bear.

He was called threads the bear and his book and casette was called the bear that was chicken.  He was a scardy cat and a little girl taught him not to br afraid etc.  very good book and tape. loved it

:)

Offline clairebear2010

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 January 2011, 10:10 am »
Mine was Bobbin the green horse. I loved them stories my sister had the dog. im going to hunt the tapes out :-)

Offline Lauralovelylocks

• I am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart....
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 January 2011, 05:45 pm »
I have a book and tape - the songs are gorgeous! 'I like you just how you are'..... ahh, so cute!

Offline Storytoyfan5

« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 10:04 pm »
Hold on, did the toys have cassette players in them?

anything