Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: new lead law info !  (Read 2856 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

new lead law info !
« on: Thursday 14 July 2011, 11:44 pm »
so to those of us in the USA our government has decided that all across our country all toys made for kids 12 and under must now be 99.99% lead free! so what do the rest of you think about this? do you think they will go after our vintage toys soon?  >:(

Offline pikapal

Re: new lead law info !
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 July 2011, 06:28 am »
I bet they will soon in my home state of California.  :'(

Offline EmBee

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 July 2011, 05:12 am »
Well this sounds like it should only be applied to toys made from that point on.. not disposing of all the previous toys with any higher levels than that; that would be kind of crazy.

Just the thought is so offensive to me, it'd be like burning books.

-Em
;)

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 July 2011, 12:56 pm »
Im not from the usa so dont know where the law stands over here in the uk BUT all i can say is im 28 this year and the toys i played with back in the 80's and 90's didnt do me any harm! its a mad world we live in! xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 July 2011, 10:48 pm »
Im not from the usa so dont know where the law stands over here in the uk BUT all i can say is im 28 this year and the toys i played with back in the 80's and 90's didnt do me any harm! its a mad world we live in! xxx

i hear you how many of us did this and were fine and just to think our parents had chem sets that you could get real uranium for, glass clackers, lead house paint, jarts (giant lawn darts),  geometric shapes made of  real lead, and they were fine.

anything
anything