Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: my child doll  (Read 6705 times)

Offline emlou

my child doll
« on: Monday 01 August 2011, 08:11 am »

I have always thought these were pretty but was really pleased to get my hands on one at a carboot yesterday ! I don't know much about them, she needs some TLC but was wondering if anyone knew if this was her original outfit and shoes?

Thanks in advance!
Emlou  :)

http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h393/emlou147/?action=view&current=006.jpg

pics never work for me on here i must be doing something wrong !

Offline Coma

Re: my child doll
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 August 2011, 11:26 am »
Try copying and pasting the IMG link from Photobucket.

Anyway yes, that is her original outfit! It looks like all she is missing is her pair of socks. She looks in good condition from the photo, no facial sagging and vibrant makeup.

These dolls are scarce, good find! I picked one up at a carboot a couple of weeks ago too - 50 pence :D

Offline emlou

« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 August 2011, 11:41 am »

Offline cloud_weaver

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 August 2011, 05:57 am »
Here you go!  This should work:

Yes, she's in her original outfit - a gorgeous one at that!  And original shoes, just missing the white lace socks.  She looks to be in wonderful condition and would probably be worth a pretty penny.  I'm not too sure which hairstyle she has, but depending on hairstyle determines her value.  Her outfit alone would sell for about $30ish (roughly - the market always fluxuates). 

If I were to guess, I'd say she's a platinum blonde "Ultra Long" - a hair style that was not released in the US making it more valuable.  And a rough estimate would be $200ish.  Mind you, I'm very new to MC dolls, but that's a stab at it.  :-P

A wonderful find indeed!  A great site it the My Child Workshop - very helpful ladies over there!

http://www.mychildworkshop.com/

Blessings!

Offline emlou

« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 10:43 am »
aw wow thank for the info and advice!! i love her she sit's on my dressing table at home she is my proud find! x

Offline mcdollmad

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 February 2012, 05:56 am »
Oh congrats, she is gorgeous and wow what a bargain! I collect these dolls, so if anyone ever has one they want to sell, please dont hesitate to email me: amy.wilson@csiro.au or PM me here  :)