Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Ghost of the Doll Addiction!!!  (Read 2828 times)

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
Ghost of the Doll Addiction!!!
« on: Wednesday 17 August 2011, 09:05 pm »
So I am brand new to this site but I swear I can not walk away from it!!  I have learned sooo much and it has made me want to pull out all of my old toys and look at them to see what I have and what I need!!  I even took pictures so I can put the pictures on the outsides of the containers so I know what's in them without having to open them!!  

When my sister and I were younger we, and our mom, saved EVERYTHING!!  It is all neatly organized in Tupperware containers and until joining this site I had forgotten about so many of them!!  My biggest collections include, my #1 precious places, paper dolls, random single pieces of so many different things!!  

Thanks to this site that has renewed my love for these toys as well as helping me to identify many old dolls!!  

You all seem like such a closely connected group and that is so rare to find, in my opinion, on a forum.  It is great that everyone is so willing to help and give advice to anyone asking!  You all are amazing and I love to see how nice everyone is to each other and how honest people are with helping with pricing advice!!

I feel like I keep this site up all day as I go about my day and check it periodically, I really do think I may be addicted lol.  How many others feel like they may 1 day need ghost of the doll anonymous??  :-)
« Last Edit: Wednesday 17 August 2011, 09:10 pm by ecpblue »
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline Rider of the storm

Re: Ghost of the Doll Addiction!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 August 2011, 09:40 pm »
I am on every few days to check new posts and to see if any one wants my toys for sale, but  yeah I fell the same way.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 August 2011, 06:36 am »
Hey ecpblue,

I know how you feel. This place really is awesome and surfing through the posts always makes me smile. I can put away my worries and focus on great vintage toys and my memories of them. It's wonderful. This forum is a place that we can all truely be ourselves without stupid comments like "you still play with toys?" for people who just don't understand.

That's awesome you saved so much, maybe you can post some pics of your childhood toys. We'd all love to see!

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 August 2011, 07:07 am »
EdenEye, I am glad to hear you say that!!  I have been through some stuff to say the least, actually I am kind of surprised I am still standing and after finding this I have been able to escape what has become my reality and sort of go back if only for a moment.  It gives me something to "focus" on and I really am sick of hearing that!!  

I am just beginning to sort through the old toys I have a few unorganized pics here:  http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/ecpblue/  but I am still working on it!!  I also have a precious places fb page that is my true obsession!!  I will def. work on getting more pics up!!

By the way, this reply just bumped me to junior member!! lol
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

anything