Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: 'Once Upon A Forest' Plush Characters  (Read 8433 times)

Offline chelsmith18

• I Love God! Jesus is the Lord N Savior of my Life!
    • My Twitter
'Once Upon A Forest' Plush Characters
« on: Thursday 18 August 2011, 05:51 pm »
For my birthday, when I was about 5 years old, my dad bought me the complete plush set of characters from the film: Once Upon a Forest [1993]. Over time I poked, prodded them, and tore off their garments (I found it fascinating at that age, sometimes even now,  that they could be removed without being attached) what I need is to find the complete set again. I want to own it one day, I just need to know I can get the whole set with your help. Jesus!

I already know where to find:

Edgar (mole): http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Forest-Edgar-Plush/dp/B0056DDVD4
Cornelius (badger): http://www.michaelcrawfordsite.info/forest.html

and would like to find:

Abigail (mouse)
Russell (especially THIS ONE, HEDGEHOG)
Michelle (badger) [that little girl one waving her arms in the air]

P.S. Pardon for all the posts, I get these dreams going for all these toys I need to find and this site, thanks to all your help Praise God, helps give wonderful hope for finding old toys. God Bless!!
« Last Edit: Saturday 29 October 2011, 09:57 pm by zuse »
"You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of a story, you have to go back to the beginning."

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: 'Once Upon A Forest' Plush Characters
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 05:42 am »
I don't have shopping links, but here are the pictures I've found. Maybe good for reference?

Michelle Plush by ~PandaJenn on deviantART

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Forest-Edgar-Plush/dp/B0056DDVD4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180699669285

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160599314972
« Last Edit: Friday 19 August 2011, 05:47 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 09:59 am »
crap. we had that mole but I don't know if it went off on a trip to goodwill, a yard sale or if it's buried in my parents' garage. Now that I know someone is after it I might poke around next time I'm there.
Always looking for my little ponies!

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 05:05 pm »
It's alright, I'm not buying anything now. But I got a buy later list. kind of a big one of old toys.
"You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of a story, you have to go back to the beginning."

Offline zuse

« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 05:18 pm »
Hey Chelsmith - make sure you save copies of some of the pictures on this forum (especially ebay ones) if you think you might want to see them later. Most of the ones I post are on eBay (I don't save them and put them on flickr or photobucket or anything) so they are going to disappear forever in a few months.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 05:37 pm »
Sorry, this is off topic but how do you post a picture from ebay without putting it in photobucket or something similar??  i had been doing that so I guess I was taking an extra step?  Thanks!

(Sorry, I accidentally clicked modify and not quote originally to make my reply! I didn't change anything, though! ~zuse)
« Last Edit: Friday 19 August 2011, 06:02 pm by zuse »
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline chelsmith18

• My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 05:41 pm »
pics saved. God Bless!!

Offline zuse

« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 06:01 pm »
Sorry, this is off topic but how do you post a picture from ebay without putting it in photobucket or something similar??  i had been doing that so I guess I was taking an extra step?  Thanks!

Well, that's actually probably more forward thinking as it won't eventually delete and leave a blank on the forum. :)

But the way I'm able to post a ton pretty quick is just linking them off eBay. Here is how I do it:

1) I use Firefox (I haven't experimented to see how to do it in the other browsers)
2) Click the eBay picture on the auction and most of them bring up their own window
3) Right click and select "Page Info"
4) Click the image/tab at the top of the "Page Info" window that says media
5) Now you see a list of random files on the page. There is also a preview window.
6) On the image you want (sometimes it is first, sometimes lower in the list), right click and select copy. Now you have the url of the image (it has a lot of gibberish in it, but ends in JPG). To put it in the forum use the IMG brackets as usual.
7) Note: if the auction has multiple pictures you want, you have to make sure and click the thumbnail you want so its picture is displayed before you visit the "Page Info" box. So, sometimes you have to go back and repeat that step a few times if there are several good pictures.

This probably seems very complicated but I guarantee once you get the hang of it there are only a few clicks involved and it literally takes seconds. :) Just have your forum window open and handy.

You can directly save these pictures to your computer as well (use "Save As" button on the "Page Info" window, media tab).

eBay thought they could foil us. ;)

Let me know if these instructions make sense to you and you are able to post the pictures. Also, if anyone knows another (faster?) way in Firefox or other browsers PLEASE let me know. (I don't know if there are any add-ons that might do it, but I don't usually mess with those).

Offline ecpblue

• Check out Precious Places on Facebook!!
    • Precious Places
« Reply #8 on: Friday 19 August 2011, 08:15 pm »
Thanks!!  It does sound complicated but I will try it next time I post a ebay pic.  You are right though I have gone to read some threads and the pic has been missing b/c it was no longer on ebay so maybe I will just make a photobucket folder titled ebal lol.  we will see what ends up being faster!!  :-)  Thanks again!
Please "like" my precious places facebook page!! 
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlaces

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 August 2011, 07:56 pm »
There used to be stuffed animals of Michelle and Abigail and eBay but I don't see them there anymore. I am really trying to find the stuffed Michelle she was my favorite in the movie so cute and I already have the stuffed Edgar doll a garage sale find minus the yellow jacket.

anything