Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Stuck color-changing paint  (Read 2773 times)

Offline EmBee

Stuck color-changing paint
« on: Sunday 28 August 2011, 09:18 pm »
I'm sure everybody here is familiar with dolls like Lil Miss Makeup, My Little Pony, and Barbies that have color-changing paint.  The bad thing about it is that sometimes if exposed to extreme temperatures they tend to get stuck one way and stay that way.

I have a doll that changes with cold water I put in the freezer for almost 48 hours with no change, except a small section on her nose.

Does anyone know how it works or how to reverse it to the other colors?

-Em
« Last Edit: Sunday 28 August 2011, 09:21 pm by Em »
;)

Offline mouse

Re: Stuck color-changing paint
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 03:03 am »
I'm fairly certain there's nothing you can do about it (apart from be annoyed!)

Offline pikapal

« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 03:38 am »
I thought they eventually didn't work due to age. My Lil Miss Singing Mermaid is stuck with yellow and pink fin details.

Offline mouse

« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 01:54 pm »
I thought they eventually didn't work due to age. My Lil Miss Singing Mermaid is stuck with yellow and pink fin details.

Yup that happens too. I think it tends to say on the boxes and so forth of 'magic colour change' toys not to put them in the freezer or under really hot water (extreme temperatures) because that can make them get stuck and/or hurry up the getting stuck process. There doesn't seem to be a link as to how the colour gets stuck either - toys from the same brand with the same picture can get the stuck on the warm or cold picture.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 September 2011, 07:49 pm »
i think it varies from toy to toy depending on where it is stored, what it is exposed to, duration of exposure.  as far as reversing goes i do not think it can be done and when it changes permanently could be anywhere from short to long term.

anything