Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Share your thrift store finds!  (Read 102734 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Share your thrift store finds!
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 11:50 pm »
Princess Dear Diary? Was that like those electronic diaries that had pets and motion sensors built in?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline LeahLPS

« Reply #31 on: Monday 10 May 2010, 10:37 pm »
Well, not thrift store finds, but I did have pretty good luck finding vintage toys at yard sales this last weekend.  My finds included:

-a great condition Ice Tickle Bear with a pink belly
-2 Nosy Bears (Hotrod & Funsy)
-a couple of Rainbow Brite items (9" Patty O' Green doll & plush yellow Hatfull Sprite, Spark)
-plush Zummi Gummi Bear
-Enchanted Kingdom princess doll, Guinevere
-a She-Ra and two Masters of the Universe figures
-a bunch of Cabbage Patch dolls (Splashin' Kid, Growing Hair one, etc.)
-2 Keypers (Poke & plush Tango)
-early 80s McDonald's playset for Barbie
-1960s rooted-hair troll

Thanks so much for letting me share!

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 11 May 2010, 04:14 am »
Princess Dear Diary is an electronic organizer from the 90's I had one. :) And there were different ones made. My cam cannot take good close up pictures so here is a different one I found on the net. I wanted to start a forum about these so people could post pics of different ones.

Offline zuse

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 11 May 2010, 04:16 am »
MY SISTER HAD THAT!

I always wanted the one with the little pets in them. :)

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 12 May 2010, 01:25 am »
;)

Offline zuse

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 12 May 2010, 04:01 am »
Today I went to a new thrift store I'd never been in before! (I never did find the one I was looking for, haha!)

I didn't find anything too exciting, but it was really cheap (just a few dollars)

-The Guava ragdoll that someone was looking for (super cheap)
-A Chubbles (no patch)
-An American Greetings Care Bears stamper (I used to LOVE these)
-A mini Pillow People from 1985 (Footsteps character, I believe)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 12 May 2010, 09:43 am »
Oh cool.  It's so neat to see a picture of that Guava doll elsewhere.  :)  I think IDing a fabric doll is really something to be proud of.

-Em
;)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #37 on: Friday 14 May 2010, 02:43 am »
wow i love to look at yard sales and all but we have no thrift stores at all in my town. still the best i found was a plush of lucky form 101 dalmatians he is a new one but is missing an eyebrow! i got him for twenty five cents and apparently he was worth a bit more than what i paid for him.  i am not gonna give him up however if i ever find the nosey bear i once had  i will pick it up i had the one with the snowman in it's nose.

Offline WordFuzion

• Inner Child Eternal
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 16 May 2010, 02:08 am »
Okay...I've been watching this thread and sighing that I never seem to find toys or dolls with the exception of a few abused Barbies and the CBC Cozy Heart Penguin. So I was long overdue for a find, right? Cause I hit the jackpot today at Goodwill!

FOUR CABBAGE PATCH KIDS. They need a light cleaning, but they have their original clothing minus shoes and are in beautiful shape without pulls or tears and nice fingers and toes. Also they have the diapers! That surprised me the most. Three of them I'm keeping, but the fourth will be finding a good home. (PM if interested in buy/trade)

I'll grab photos of them tomorrow before their spa treatments. I was dancing around for the rest of my shopping after finally hitting a good find! :D
<3 Mare

Looking for: SWEETIE PUPS!!!! CBC Brave Heart Lion, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Fluppy Dogs, 80's/90's Playline Barbie, Pound Puppies, Alley Kats, Beanie Babies, Kitty Kitty Kittens, Yum Yums, Rose Petal Place, Wrinkles, Popples, Large My Pet Monster and Pooch Patrol.

Offline zuse

« Reply #39 on: Sunday 16 May 2010, 02:11 am »
I'm going to sound ignorant...  but I didn't know that Cabbage Patch dolls were that collectible? I knew they were big back in the day but I don't know enough about the eras to know which dolls are valuable?
« Last Edit: Sunday 16 May 2010, 03:59 am by zuse »

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #40 on: Sunday 16 May 2010, 03:20 am »
Im not sure whats collectible or not I just know what I love to collect. Anything I find adorable and anytime I remember enjoying in childhood. I think Cabbage Patch Kids are very cute. I found one the other day. Perfectly clean with dress but no diaper.

Offline zuse

« Reply #41 on: Sunday 16 May 2010, 03:25 am »
Cool! I have a football jersey somewhere for one! I just don't have room to collect some of the larger dolls!

(I'm more of a PVC figure girl myself!) :D

Really I'm just curious because the thrift stores always have naked dirty Cabbage Patch dolls marked for, like, $6 and most other toys are $1. So I'm just curious what they *think* that they have...
« Last Edit: Sunday 16 May 2010, 03:27 am by zuse »

Offline WordFuzion

• Inner Child Eternal
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 16 May 2010, 03:59 am »
Cabbage Patch Kids are still fairly popular with collectors, but they're not an expensive doll. I mean, I'll be selling my extra guy for $8 to $12. You're not going to get rich on them, which is one reason they're highly collectiable. They're like the second most common doll to find secondhand, I think. So there's a ton of them on the market. I'm just thrilled to find something I actually collect! LOL. I have two of the 25th Anniversary kids from last year. And now I have three more of the actual vintage ones! :D

Zuse, if you want to try to resell them, you might be able to get $8 to $15, depending on condition of hair, how clean, body condition, and if they have their original clothing. But $6 for a naked, dirty CPK is too high unless they KNOW they're a Jesmar or rare head mold. For average? Not worth it unless you like the doll herself for your own collection. 
<3 Mare

Looking for: SWEETIE PUPS!!!! CBC Brave Heart Lion, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Fluppy Dogs, 80's/90's Playline Barbie, Pound Puppies, Alley Kats, Beanie Babies, Kitty Kitty Kittens, Yum Yums, Rose Petal Place, Wrinkles, Popples, Large My Pet Monster and Pooch Patrol.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #43 on: Sunday 16 May 2010, 04:07 am »
There are lots of Cabbage Patch Kids in good condition at my favorite thrift store, WordFuzion--you should swing by if you're ever in MA! Glad you had a burst of thrifting karma  :)

There haven't been any good toys in my area lately. My favorite store's toy section was INVADED by styling heads for a while, though. I thought that was totally bizarre--every time I came by they had doubled. O.O Scary. The only interesting thing was that there were THREE Fisher Price Dream Dollhouses there the other day. I had one as a kid and it's just not the same looking at pictures online, I had to look at one in person (and bend down to the eye level of my five-year-old self) to really remember what they were like!
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline mouse

« Reply #44 on: Sunday 16 May 2010, 04:53 am »
Cool! I have a football jersey somewhere for one! I just don't have room to collect some of the larger dolls!

(I'm more of a PVC figure girl myself!) :D

Really I'm just curious because the thrift stores always have naked dirty Cabbage Patch dolls marked for, like, $6 and most other toys are $1. So I'm just curious what they *think* that they have...

At an op-shop I went to teh other day they had a grubby naked boy cabbage patch for $19.99 Au and a grubbier one for $15. I was like WHAT? Just because it's recogniseable doesn't mean people want to pay more for it - especially if they can get a nice new clean one with clothes from the shop or from ebay for not a great deal more. Australian op-shops are pretty expensive though.

anything