Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Oh my god. *faints*  (Read 5585 times)

Offline ForeverKokiri

Oh my god. *faints*
« on: Sunday 23 October 2011, 05:02 am »
I left my camera at my parents' house, so you'll have to rely on photos I found other places.

About three weeks ago I found $20 in a puddle outside my dorm, and I went to the flea market where I met a man selling old toys and novelty stuff. Right in the middle of his booth was one of these:

As a long time fan of Archie comics, I immediately picked him up. His face was mint. Though he was barefoot, he still had his shirt and jeans, although the jeans were a bit dirty and missing their snap button. He was $4. I didn't think he was worth much, but I knew he was worth more than $4, but the man selling it said that he wanted people to have these things at a fair price. So I snagged him.

Then, yesterday, I walked into a consigment store, where I was immediately met with at least 50 vintage 90s cabbage patch kids, including TONS of their movie character merch! There were five different Norma Jeans and other small Kids, still in their boxes. And the boxes were just as mint as the dolls were! It was like they'd just left the factory. They even still had their original price tags!

In the end I decided to just get this, my cabbage patch grail, for $6, and leave the rest for a little while in case someone else wanted to buy them.

Then today, an antique store that had closed down a few months ago decided to reopen because the owners were having money difficulties, and in a display case I see this box:

The name "Pelham Puppets" seemed familiar, I asked the owner if there was anything in the box, and he said, "Oh yeah, go behind the counter and take it out." I open it up and inside is this:

He was in GREAT condition except that he had no strings. I picked him up and saw that his marionette rods were still in the box, he was just missing his strings. He was marked for $25. The owner said, "That's too much. You can have him for $5."

I took him home and then found out that he's worth about 50 pounds WITHOUT. I don't know how much that translates into for dollars but I feel like I ripped off the old guy and I almost want to give it back, because that's not really fair to him.

So, those are my lucky finds. I'm almost dead from happiness. Uwaaaaaaaaaaa.

Offline Rider of the storm

Re: Oh my god. *faints*
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 2011, 10:52 pm »
wow nice finds !

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 October 2011, 02:39 am »
well those are some finds to bad our thrift stores are kinda sparse right now!

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 November 2011, 03:14 am »
Congrats on your finds.  That mouse is really cute!