Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Just For Kids videos fun and question.  (Read 5290 times)

Offline ojamajobrittany

• Lovey Duvey for anime!
Just For Kids videos fun and question.
« on: Saturday 12 November 2011, 05:42 am »
I remember LOVING these video tapes when I was a kid. I recently have The Magical Princess Gigi, Space Firebird and Revenge of the Ninja Warrior. I would like to have Wee Wendy as well but I don't know if I will actually get it. I also remember renting Swans as a little kid as well and loved it.

Now here is the question: I am looking for a just for kids christmas tape about a brother and sister doll. The Brother gets kidnapped by the villian and the sister winds up with santa. I have looked for it EVERYWHERE! One person said it was called The Christmas Doll but that can't be right because when I searched that title all I got was books and live action stuff. If anyone knows what I'm talking about PLEASE REPOND! Thank you.

Offline ForeverKokiri

Re: Just For Kids videos fun and question.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 12:58 pm »
Oh, man, do I know those well! My first real exposure to foreign cartoons, particularly anime. Some of those have absolutely horrible dubs, lol. Still, they did a pretty good job on The Legend of Manxmouse, one of my favorite cartoons of all time.

They must have released at least 300 different tapes, because I had a ton as a kid, yet I still keep finding more!

Offline Elby

Re: Just For Kids videos fun and question.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 June 2012, 10:57 pm »
The first thing that comes to mind when you said 'brother and sister doll' was Raggedy Ann & Andy. There were a few Christmas stories on video with those two in it!
Keypers, 90s Puppy in my Pocket and Soft Toy enthusiast in the UK.

anything
anything