Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Martha Nelson Thomas  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Tribble79

Martha Nelson Thomas
« on: Saturday 27 March 2010, 09:11 am »
When the cabbage patch kid craze was at it's highest, my mother was unable to get me one of the dolls. Everywhere was sold out. My grandmother somehow discovered a Martha Nelson Thomas doll head and made me a doll. I have no pictures and the doll long ago disappeared, but I would so love to have another doll for a replacement. I have searched on ebay etc for the doll head with purple hair. I have seen about every other color but have been unable to find one with purple hair. If anyone knows where I could purchase a female head with purple hair, please let me know. I am almost certain it was a Martha Nelson Thomas head, but if anyone knows of any other type of doll head that was similar with purple hair, please let me know.

Thanke you.

Offline ianthe99

Re: Martha Nelson Thomas
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 March 2010, 05:38 pm »
I run across the doll heads in the thrift store from time to time.. but I have never seen one with unnatural color hair. Perhaps you could get one of the heads and re-root her hair with the color yarn you wanted?

Offline Tribble79

Re: Martha Nelson Thomas
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 April 2010, 04:34 am »
Yeah, I thought about that, I might have to do it. I have no idea where they got the head with purple hair. I have never seen one with that color either and I have been looking for around 5 years.

anything