Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: EmotesMore recent cyber-toy about emotions?  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

[ID: EmotesMore recent cyber-toy about emotions?
« on: Monday 12 March 2012, 04:15 pm »
So a few years ago, I was very very ill and not able to sign up for my classes during the sign-in week, and by the time I was able to, a lot of classes I needed were filled. And that's how I ended up with the most random semester ever, including Child Development which is odd because I don't really like children that much, but just needed a spot to fill.

(I know that sounds like the plot to a horrible late '90s comedy, but whatever.)

Anyways, in CD, we had to do a project over a new toy on the market and write a paper about why it would be safe and why it would be beneficial for kids to play with. Despite being a non-major, I ended up getting the highest grade and she shared my paper with the class.  ;D

But I wasn't into collecting toys back then, so I can't remember for the life of me what they were called. They were cyber-based, so I don't think they were in stores, just online. And they were based on emotions. The point of the toy line was to encourage kids to feel whatever emotion they are feeling, and realize that everything is normal as long as they are kept in balance. Some of the emotions you could buy were Happiness, Sadness, Anger, Envy, Lovesickness, Shyness, etc. The website was mostly full of games and had a little comic backstory, something about an evil scientist who wanted to completely destroy all emotions forever and these little guys had to stop him. I remember thinking that the plot with the scientist had sort of a Crash Bandicoot feel to it.

On the website, you could buy figures, keychains, and I think regular stuffed animals were available but I can't remember them.

Is anybody familiar with what I'm talking about? I don't know when they came out, but took the class in 2010. It was really cute. I'd love to find it again.
« Last Edit: Sunday 28 April 2013, 03:53 am by zuse »

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: [ID: EmotesMore recent cyber-toy about emotions?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 05:08 pm »
I remember seeing something similar that makes me think of this concept on the sale aisle at Toys 'R Us, I think.

I can't remember what they looked like - but a similar concept as the Funkeys where you are supposed to collect them all and they interact with some thing on your computer.

Seems like I remember an "artistic" one?
« Last Edit: Monday 12 March 2012, 05:13 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 05:56 pm »

Kimochi. Toys with feelings inside.

http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2010/01/05/kimochi-emotion-feeling-toys

are these the droids you're looking for?

Offline zuse

« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 March 2012, 07:02 pm »
That sounds like theirs. But not mine.  ;D So I was on the wrong track. I'll figure out mine one day!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 March 2012, 02:31 am »

Kimochi. Toys with feelings inside.

http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2010/01/05/kimochi-emotion-feeling-toys

are these the droids you're looking for?

Those are quite cute, but I'm afraid that they aren't the droids I'm looking for. :(

I did some Google-fu though, and was able to find them again and answer my own question. xD They're Emotes.

http://www.emotes.com/shop_01.html

I really like how colorful and voodoo-like they are.

Calling all teddy experts! Please help me find my Cuddle Bear!

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 March 2012, 05:21 pm »

They're adorable!
They look like little imps.

Offline zuse

« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 September 2012, 05:03 am »
I was thinking of f.a.m.p.s. :)

http://www.myfamps.com/