Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Galaxy Fighters by Remco] Fakie He-Man Pictures Wanted  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Ianua

[ID: Galaxy Fighters by Remco] Fakie He-Man Pictures Wanted
« on: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 07:56 pm »
Hi this ones for my boyfriend when he was younger he had lots of genuine he man figures but his favourite one was a fake one that had exactly the same body mould as he-man (all the figures were the same body mould if you recall). This one was brown and had a wolfs head (just plastic no additional fur or anything) I've looked on line but can't find anything can you guys help? Photo's would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: Saturday 14 April 2012, 12:17 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Skyhorse82

Re: Fakie He-Man Pictures Wanted
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 10:11 pm »
Well, this has got to be along the lines of what you're after:

http://joeyesq.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/wheel-of-time-action-figures-part-3.html

Something about 'Trollocs', 'Anubi', and the 'Wheel Of Time'...

This guy customises them for his own collection....there's a he-man-type body with a wolf's head and it looks pretty authentic (for a fake, that is). But he does source the wolf's head 'Anubi' from a fakie-line called Galaxy Fighters, by Remco (described as the 'purveyor of the most no-frills he-man figures in the 80s'). He used the body of a Conan character by Remco as well, and later the body of Panthro, from Thunder cats.

Had a look for 'Galaxy Fighters' by Remco, but cannot locate a wolf-like figure yet...
How did your boyfriend get this action figure? Bought at a shop, packaged as a gift or was it a hand-me-down/flea-market find?
« Last Edit: Wednesday 28 March 2012, 10:47 pm by Skyhorse82 »

Offline Skyhorse82

« Last Edit: Saturday 14 April 2012, 12:16 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Ianua

Re: Fakie He-Man Pictures Wanted
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 April 2012, 11:54 am »
Thanks guys I knew you could do it :) My boyfriend said he was the first wolf pictured a Galaxy Fighters by Remco. It's Anubi

IDENTIFIED  ;D

Sorry I'm not sure how to mark this as identified but it is xxx