Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Childhood Dream Fulfilled!  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Elby

Childhood Dream Fulfilled!
« on: Thursday 05 April 2012, 09:17 pm »
I really wanted to share my recent eBay win - 1st Series Keyper, Keyboard the penguin and his Finder, Hummer.

I have a few Keypers which I have fond memories of playing with in the 90s. I had Joyful the rabbit and Diamond the horse from new, and picked up Shelldon the tortoise (without Finder) and Tango the ladybug (with Finder) from a second hand store - but Keyboard was the one I always wanted.

I can't recall ever seeing Keypers in a shop but I did once find a stall in an open air market selling Keypers, and one of those on the stall was Keyboard. I begged my mum for the toy but ended up leaving without it and I never got the penguin I wanted as a child. I found out several years later that my mum went back to the stall later to get the Keyper as a Christmas present but they had sold out :-(

So I never had my penguin keyper - until now! So I'm very happy :-)

Anyone else have any stories about toys they always wanted? I'd love to hear them.
Keypers, 90s Puppy in my Pocket and Soft Toy enthusiast in the UK.

Offline catlover51

Re: Childhood Dream Fulfilled!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 April 2012, 12:28 am »
Congrats! Getting your grail is the best.  ;D

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 April 2012, 02:47 pm »
Congratulations! :D

I can't really think of any toys that I really wanted as a child. :O I know that I wanted a water bed, though, and never got one. -hehehehe-

Offline catlover51

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 April 2012, 06:45 pm »
Thanks for the link :)

Offline Elby

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 01 May 2012, 08:36 pm »
I remember I had Fancy the Snail bubble bath. It was sticking out of the top of my Christmas stocking one year! I don't have this anymore though, I only kept the actual toy Keypers.
Keypers, 90s Puppy in my Pocket and Soft Toy enthusiast in the UK.

anything