Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Possible V-Tech Computer I am looking for. Can anyone help please?  (Read 9043 times)

Offline farmgirl8705

I am looking for the name a V-Tech Notebook. Or at least I am pretty sure it's V-Tech. I am sure its made in the mid or late 1990s. At least I had it around the mid or late 1990s.
You can hook it up to your tv but only do two things on your tv with it. One thing is a word processor. The other thing is a game you can make up a face. You can change the hair and facial expressions.
It came with a printer as well to print out your documents.
It also had a separate mouse like a desktop computer. It didn't have a mouse built into the notebook just separate. You are able to disconnect the mouse from the notebook I believe.
It looked a lot like what notebooks they have now a days for kids but just made back in the 90s.
My mom got it for us so we could be kinda trained to use a real computer before we got a real one. After that we did get a real one. We got out real computer in 1999 I believe it was.
It opens, closes, and looks like a real laptop computer.  I remember it was dark gray colored. The buttons may have been lighter gray. It had a small black and gray screen like all the Vtech notebook computers. On the top of the keyboard there was lists of game buttons like the older Vtech notebook computers.

This VTech we have already. Like in the pic how I mentioned the games are listed above the keyboard. If I remember right the one I am looking for was like that too. May be its not VTech but I am pretty positive it is. I don't know of any other brand of children's play notebooks out there.

Thank you for those who can help.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 17 July 2012, 07:27 pm by farmgirl8705 »

Offline farmgirl8705

Re: Possible V-Tech Computer I am looking for. Can anyone help please?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 April 2012, 07:06 pm »
http://www.pcworld.com/article/231027/kids_computers_through_the_ages.html

I've been given this website multiple times. Nothing on the site is what I am looking for. It's kinda a mixture of the V-Tech Super Color Whiz yes and the Tiger Learning Computer without the games on the top part. It has the screen like the V-tech and the keyboard and mouse like the Tiger Learning Computer.

Offline farmgirl8705

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 July 2012, 07:17 pm »
http://www.amazon.com/VTech-Power-Pad-Plus-Precomputer/dp/B004DACOJI

Here is a computer I found on Amazon that is pretty much like what I am looking for. I am pretty positive what I am looking for is a pre-computer pad. I don't think its that exact one though. All the buttons were light gray. I really can't remember what the top part looks like by the screen.

Offline farmgirl8705

« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 February 2013, 06:56 am »
I found a picture today that looks a lot like the children's notebook I had. Same color but doesn't seem to have a mouse attached. Yes there is a mouse in the picture but as you can see it's not connected to the computer. It is very very similar to what I am looking for. Infact I could almost say this is exactly what I am looking for. Except I don't know the name of it and I can't see the screen. Otherwise an almost exact match.

« Last Edit: Monday 25 February 2013, 07:01 am by farmgirl8705 »

Offline farmgirl8705

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 September 2013, 04:11 am »
We gave it to my cousin but I don't think she has it anymore. Three is three years younger then me and more interested in a real computer and video games so I don't think she would have it anymore. Otherwise I'd ask my aunt or cousin if they know what it was called.
The notebook in the picture I posted above with the cat I believe may be the one but I can't see the screen. I see there is a piece of paper there so it may be a notebook you can hook up to a printer unless they did that to try to get the cat's attention to make it look like it was using a computer. If I knew what kind it is I would look it up and see if everything about it matches what I had.
« Last Edit: Thursday 05 September 2013, 04:15 am by farmgirl8705 »

Offline catlover51

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 April 2017, 12:49 am »
http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1994toys.html

scroll to the bottom Smart Elite by VTech

is this it?

Offline farmgirl8705

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 January 2022, 08:03 pm »
I'm sorry it wasn't a V-Tech which I should have known. ComQuest Smart Station Talking Electronic Computer - Connects to TV
https://www.google.com/search?q=comquest+smart+station&prmd=snmxiv&sxsrf=AOaemvIQ90p-XvLa7E8CkfFeUAclFkiAWQ:1643227053910&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiO3tTmmdD1AhWpY98KHTvGAX8Q_AUoBHoECAIQBA&biw=360&bih=617&dpr=3#imgrc=EcDfKjSzpc9elM
The printer that was purchased separate with it Rare Vintage Team Concepts Junior Computer Power Printer Plus.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185088750843?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050
It stinks they are so expensive. I'd be buying them.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 26 January 2022, 08:05 pm by farmgirl8705 »

anything