Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Pick-Em-Up Truck by Tupperware Toys] Truck Toy that Picked Up Yellow Plastic Blocks  (Read 6133 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
This toy was from the 1980s. It was a truck toy - I believe it was orange or brown plastic and of a rather box-like shape. It was probably the size of a shoe box/Happy Meal box (large, but not extremely large). I can't remember what the wheels looked like or if there was any "detail" to the truck.

The main features was a rod/cylinder type wheel underneath covered in yellow spongy-like foam. As you moved the truck backwards and forwards, objects would be carried up through an opening into the back of the truck. The truck came with several square yellow blocks - I want to say they might have been alphabet related and had different letters on them. They were fairly small - maybe about the diameter of a Scrabble tile. They weren't a true box shape - it seems like they were kind of a square tube shape with a divider in the middle. They were light-weight.

So, the truck would pick up these blocks and they would collect in the back. I'm fairly sure this probably wasn't by a major brand, but you never know.

Sometime I might try my hand at drawing it, but not today.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Friday 26 June 2015, 10:50 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

(I was reminded of it when I saw Mattel's Cars 2 Colossus XXL truck. The concept is extremely similar, even if the actual appearance isn't).

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

Offline jadedoz

Lego made those during the 80s

Offline zuse

Do you have a picture?

Offline zuse

« Last Edit: Tuesday 06 May 2014, 05:46 am by zuse »

anything