Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: My toy collection - recently started as of August 2012 (newbie)  (Read 7377 times)

Offline ck637143

My toy collection - recently started as of August 2012 (newbie)
« on: Tuesday 09 October 2012, 11:01 pm »
I recently just started collecting - I'm a child of the 80's (born in 83).  So far - I've only collected things that have a significant meaning to me and that I will always cherish for the rest of my life - I decided to not collect things aimlessly - but with meaning - that's why there are only a few things in my collection and also because I just recently started.  I collect toys from the 80s and the 90s.  

*I'm still waiting on my PC Popple and Baby Sinclaire, my Wonder Whim Doll, Hugga Bunch Doll, and more of the Flower Kids ( I adore the Flower Kids and think Cabbage Patch Dolls are really ugly - that's why I chose not to collect them).  Thanks to Etsy, Bonanza, and EBAY - I was able to find these things!!  I wish I had the advantage of great antique stores and collectible stores like in California where I am originally from - specifically SAN DIEGO (represent). Unfortunately - this so called beautiful island of OAHU, HAWAII lacks these advantages of living on the mainland!!

*Will POST MORE PICTURES when the items arrive.

« Last Edit: Thursday 18 October 2012, 12:32 am by ck637143 »

Offline ck637143

Re: My toy collection - recently started as of August 2012 (newbie)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 October 2012, 11:25 pm »
Another picture that I forgot to add - they came in yesterday - they are the "Flower Kid Twins"  by Blue Box Co.

Offline ck637143

« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 October 2012, 10:18 am »
Thanks for looking - I'm not fond of cabbage patch dolls - but I think Flower Kid Dolls by Blue Box are pretty!  The CPK dolls are the ones that creep me out - I got started on the Flower Kid Dolls because it was one of the first dolls that my parents had gotten me. 

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 October 2012, 08:09 pm »
Awww, I saw that Ice Cream doll when he was on ebay and was SO tempted!

Offline ck637143

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 October 2012, 12:30 am »
reply about ice cream doll: 

AWW I know - i had my eyes on it and just had to have it!  the price was ridiculously low!! and what I love most about him is that he's sooo huge!!! 25" tall!  he's in really great condition as well! 

Offline blackorchid77

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 October 2012, 11:17 pm »
Aww I like your two Fluppy dogs! I just started learning of them recently. I don't know what that blue bear is in the picture though, but it is very cute~!

Offline ck637143

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 October 2012, 12:15 am »
reply to blackorchid77:

the blue bear is a brush a love!  Isn't it adorable!  I wish I could buy more but they are pretty expensive! 

Offline ck637143

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 October 2012, 12:25 am »
The Following are more the items I have purchased: mostly from EBay and Etsy - sadly- unable to go vintage shopping since not much vintage shops here in Honolulu, Hawaii only the local Goodwill and Salvation Army which aren't all that great in terms of vintage toys:  

The following are:

1)  Flower Kid Girl (below)

2)  Large Flower Kid Doll 25 INCHES TALL!  WOOHOO!

3)  Pumpkin Patch Kid

4) House of LLoyd Lollipop Kid Dolls

5)  Kid Sister

6)  PC Popple

7)  Uneeda Girl 22 inches tall

8)  Uneeda Boy 22 inches tall

9)  Uneeda Baby Doll made in 1983 (year I was born)  22 inches tall

« Last Edit: Thursday 18 October 2012, 12:35 am by ck637143 »

Offline Albertharris

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 May 2013, 11:30 am »
There are very nice and attractive collection given by you, I have seen and really like them. The all dolls selection of that toys are too good, if I also want to buy some of them, then what I have to do?

anything