Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: WANTED: Kool Kats by Irwin Toys/Hornby  (Read 2319 times)

Offline plexiplex

WANTED: Kool Kats by Irwin Toys/Hornby
« on: Thursday 29 November 2012, 10:39 pm »
Hey everyone, loving the website!  I just wanted to post a wanted/looking for ad for these plush toys released during the 1980s called 'Kool Kats' - they were made by Irwin Toys and also by Hornby. 

I received one for Christmas in 1988 and it was my best friend through my childhood and I still have him, he has been well loved and it's very obvious.  His name is Spike and he is the kat in the picture wearing the Hawaiian shirt (didn't come with him, it came from another plush I had owned but decided to give it to Spike somewhere down the road).

Over the past two years, I've managed to find two of the smaller versions of the plush online as well as well as one still in his original box!  As you can see in the photo, the plush came with a cardboard trash can.  I also found another large Kool Kat from a thrifter located in the same province as I am living.

Anyway I'm hoping that maybe someone, anyone has one of these Kool Kats available for sale or trade!  I would love to have more for my collection and would very much appreciate it.