Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: StarCastles (Trendmasters)  (Read 82406 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Star Castles (Trendmasters)
« Reply #15 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 05:46 pm »
*somewhere* I have a little yellow seahorse with some blue that I think goes with these. I got it at a thrift store, I think. I'll look for it this summer.

The problem with those Trendmasters playsets is they're not that durable. There's a thrift store in the town I used to live where you bought stuff by the pound (Goodwill clearance). So, everything would just be out in piles. I found a few where the playsets were broken, so I just scavenged all the easily removable pieces (banners, etc). that were easy-to-lose pieces. :) That was much cheaper. :-D

I'll try to find them to and see if anyone is interested in them! :)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #16 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 10:08 pm »
Mouse, those last three castles you linked to are all Disney sets made by Bluebird (of Polly Pocket fame). They are very similar to Starcastles, especially the re-releases that had larger figures.

The weird thing about Starcastles is that I have NO recollection of any people figures at all. I know that mine must have come with one, but I have no memory of her whatsoever! I DO have a little bird perch with a jewel hanging in mine--there were two birds, both yellow, but I only have one left. I also don't remember any figures coming with my necklace. Does anyone have pictures of one that has its figures? I'll have to do some searching. Hmm.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #17 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 12:03 am »
EricaVee- if you look in this auction you can see some of the people and animals:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-Vintage-Polly-Pocket-lot-103-figures-20-compacts-/190390992883?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c542ffff3
In 2nd row of people in the 7th picture is one of the mermaids.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #18 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 01:40 am »
I looked at that already and nothing's ringing a bell.  :( I mean, I can see the ones that are clearly princesses and clearly not Pollys and know that those must be from the Starcastles, but nothing's looking familiar at all! I probably need to look for pics of the specific one I had to see what came with it.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #19 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 11:24 am »
Ah. I see.. sorry bout that.
I now have come across an issue of my own.. Were there different styles of the little figures.. Well I mean obviously there were the mermaids/princesses or whatever, but they have the same general look. My problem is that I am certain that the figure that came with the flower castle is the one I've circled in the image. I absolutely remember that I had her and she belonged with that castle and the caterpillar. She is clearly a very different style from the mermaids/princesses that I now know are from StarCastles, so are she and her flower castle still StarCastles just with a different look, or are they something else?
« Last Edit: Saturday 24 April 2010, 11:26 am by BattySparkles »

Offline mouse

« Reply #20 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 01:44 pm »
I think you're right and the doll probably did come with that set - from my memories I am very certain that they had different styles of dolls depending on the set - the small locket sets and the little carriage sets I'm sure had the sort of chubbier figures but at least some of the castles had a different type of figure. I remember from 2 castles I had that the dolls were not the chubby kind - I can't picture them clearly but I know they were NOT those.

ETA: Some more Starcastles!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MAKE-UP-CASTLE-FANTASY-PLAYSET-TRENDMASTERS-VINTAGE-95_W0QQitemZ290428337685QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL?hash=item439ee0be15
http://cgi.ebay.com/Polly-Pockets-Castle-Trendmasters-Inc-Made-China1995-/260591309638?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cac73d346
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Starcastle-Caribbean-Dreaming-like-polly-pocket_W0QQitemZ260590229731QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Doll_Bears_Dolls_EH?hash=item3cac6358e3
« Last Edit: Saturday 24 April 2010, 02:54 pm by mouse »

Offline mouse

« Reply #21 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 03:38 pm »
I rule to the greatest degree:
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?action=post;topic=354.15;num_replies=20

4th picture down is a starcastle carriage pulled by a swan. You can also see a large yellow seahorse which would also have pulled a carriage. Oh and un upside down white carriage pulled by a pink dragon. You can also see some princess type figures and a tiny pegasus pet figure - there's a starcastle princess in a purple dress with blond hair and underneath her is a pink thing - that a little pegasus (possibly a pegicorn) figure.

You can also see a lot of stuff that goes with the unidentified bears in another thread.

Without my glasses on, I am legally blind (for driving at least, I don't know if I am for just walking about!) With my glasses on I have the super power of being able to spot and identify tiny figures in blurry ebay listing photos!
« Last Edit: Saturday 24 April 2010, 04:47 pm by mouse »

Offline zuse

« Reply #22 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 04:50 pm »
I know there isn't much stuff about Star Castles on the internet... but aren't there probably some die-hard collectors of exclusively old school Polly Pocket that probably know a lot about these (like MLP collectors get fakies and Magic Meadow Ponies)? I mean, they're bound to either collect them or at least win them mixed in with Bluebird Polly Pocket all the time. We should check their forums, haha.

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #23 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 07:34 pm »
mouse... that last link wasn't supposed to link to the forum, right?

zuse- Good thinking! I'm sure there are Polly collectors out there!

Offline zuse

« Reply #24 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 07:43 pm »

The dolls I have look like the one in the green dress with the long hair. And then I have some smaller baby type ones, I think.

Interesting note: the puppy, bunny, and kitten aren't LPS animals. They're Kenner Baby Buddies.

****CORRECTION**** They are Baby Buddies FAKIES, haha.

Also, I like this makeup castle:
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:45 am by zuse »

Offline zuse

« Reply #25 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 11:47 pm »
I know that I have the yellow seahorse somewhere...

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #26 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 11:51 pm »
ooh thanks for the pics zuse! I'm sure my necklace castle came with the Blue haired/yellow tailed mermaid!

Offline zap18

« Reply #27 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:41 am »
Interesting note: the puppy, bunny, and kitten aren't LPS animals. They're Kenner Baby Buddies.

Naughty zuse!  They are Baby Buddies fakies.

I wants them.

Offline zuse

« Reply #28 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:44 am »
Really?

How embarrassing! I fail. That's Leah's specialty. :-P

And now it's quoted and I can never delete it, hehe.

Well, if you want to work some magic here's the link to the lot. Maybe the seller can get you in touch with the buyer. I'm sure they were after the Polly Pockets (possibly those LOTR ones I've never seen before?!?) and not the pets.

Link
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:12 am by zuse »

Offline zap18

« Reply #29 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 01:28 am »
Oops, sorry :P

It never occurred to me you would be sneaky and delete.  Now you are naughty X 2.

I contacted the winner, so we shall see!  Thanks for the link.

anything