Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: StarCastles (Trendmasters)  (Read 82396 times)

Offline mouse

Re: Star Castles (Trendmasters)
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 04:46 am »
mouse... that last link wasn't supposed to link to the forum, right?

zuse- Good thinking! I'm sure there are Polly collectors out there!

Yes I'm a loser! This is what it's meant to be: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220594410551
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 04:51 am by mouse »

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 03:24 am »

Offline mouse

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 03:35 pm »
« Last Edit: Sunday 18 July 2010, 04:16 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline EmBee

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 08:03 pm »
Okay, so I'm a little confused about one of the molds.  :)

Here is a screencap from the commercial posted:

Do these castles agree with the "By The Sea" model?

Version A
(Pending Permission)

Version B

Version C (my castle!  ^^  please credit me if this image is used in any way)

Version C inside? (I THINK this is my model's inside)

Maybe they didn't make 3 colors of one model, but they're all different inside.  *Shrug*?!
Also, I've seen these described as "Glitter Castle".

-Em
« Last Edit: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 03:27 am by Em »
;)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 08:08 pm »
Weird?

Hey, let's get a list going of all the known ones and I'll post it in my initial post. :)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 08:14 pm »
This is the one I found I found at a thrift store. The tops of the castle can be removed to reveal bubble wands.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 08:20 pm »
I do have a lot of pictures of them, but I don't feel like cropping and uploading them right now.  ><  Sorry!!  Maybe another time.

I'm sure you guys understand... XDDD
-Em
;)

Offline zuse

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 08:23 pm »

(image from eBay - dated 1996)

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline katykat

Re: StarCastles (Trendmasters)
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 11 May 2010, 08:29 am »
Hi,
I am interested in buying some Star Castles. Does anyone know where I could by some?
Thanks so much!

Offline mouse

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 11 May 2010, 11:37 am »
Hi,
I am interested in buying some Star Castles. Does anyone know where I could by some?
Thanks so much!

Keep checking ebay - search for star castles, starcastle, trendmasters (use the search in title and description search) and also search the polly pocket listings, with things like polly pocket castle, polly pocket style, polly pocket type, polly pocket similar. You might also want to may a wanted post on this site and also do it on other toy sites (e.g. the mlptp.net and mlparena.com are active forums). Good luck :)

Offline mouse

« Reply #40 on: Sunday 13 June 2010, 04:16 pm »
There's one of the carriages MOC on ebay ATM:
http://cgi.ebay.com/STARCASTLE-BEACH-COACH-1996-TRENDMASTERS-NEW-BOX-/170494528815?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b2440d2f

don't know that anyone would want tom pay that price though!
« Last Edit: Sunday 18 July 2010, 04:15 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline nhtpirate1980

« Reply #41 on: Thursday 15 July 2010, 09:06 pm »
I have found yesterday these both ones. Under the castles it is written : 1995 - Trendmasters Inc. - Made in China.  ;)

The pink has not the yellow birds you can see in the other castle.

^^
My pictures et scans albums : http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhtpirate/sets/

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 18 July 2010, 04:20 pm »
I've just compiled a folder of images for all the castles I can find. There are SO many Starcastles and not enough information on names!  ???
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline zuse

« Reply #43 on: Sunday 18 July 2010, 04:34 pm »
Here's all that I could find (look at the page sources).

http://web.archive.org/web/19980210033706/http://trendmasters.com/girls/starcastle/starcastle.html

------------------

CINDERELLA Starcastle
Play out the classic fairy tale! Discover magical surprises like a revolving dance floor, clock that strikes midnight, real wedding bells, light-up towers, crystal coach, 15 favorite characters and more!

Wedding Cake Castle:
You're invited to a magical wedding day! Towers reveal hidden wedding bands, plates, forks, spoons, cake slices and toasting glasses! A magical playset inside takes you from the chapel to a garden reception area with11 wedding party friends and real wedding bell sounds!

Tea Party Starcastle
Invite your friends in for tea! This enchanted Castle transforms into a beautiful working tea set. Towers magically become four teacups and castle transforms into a teapot that really pours liquid! Open your castle with a magic key reveal a playset inside where you can join the 2 Princesses and Friends for a special tea party.

Ice Ballerina Castle
Beautiful music plays as figures skate along a 3-level ice rink. They slide down to the next level all by themselves and keep on skating! A fold-out theater playset inside has a light-up spotlight, secret compartments and ice pop molds to make your own frozen treats!

Treasure Castle
Journey across a mystical, moonlit desert to the Treasure Castle! Find the hidden treasures and magically turn them into your own jewelry pieces! Keep everything inside secret compartments! Guardian elephant transforms into real tea pot for use with 2 matching cups and saucers!

------------------

3 Sunshine Collection Starcastles

1) Bubble Castle
Discover bubble wands hidden inside the castle towers. You can make the center tower blow magical bubbles into the air! Plus, a bubble bath playset inside!

2) Garden Castle
It's magic! Push the center tower to release flying butterflies! The playset inside is filled with secret compartments, special friends and a fold-out secret garden!

3) Beach Castle
Create sunshine adventures in a castle that magically reveals tools for playing in the sand! There's a real water playset inside. When you make the water bubble, the princess floats along the stream!

------------------

LOCKETS (x3?)
Your very own Starcastle&#38;#0174; necklace matches a Sunshine Collection Starcastle&#38;#0174;! Look through the bottom to see a magical prism of color through the tower! Put the princess and her friend inside and go everywhere together! Collect them all!

COACHES (x3?)
Tour the sunny Starcastle&#38;#0174; kingdom with the princess and her friend! The Coach detaches and the wheels really turn! Each Coach matches a Sunshine Collection TM Starcastle&#38;#0174;! Collect them all!

PONIES (x3?)
Magical guardians of the Starcastle&#38;#0174; kingdom! Each poseable Pony matches a Starcastle&#38;#0174; collection. Brush their beautiful mane and tail. Wings magically transform into a butterfly clip you can wear in your hair! Collect them all!

------------------

There might also be a Pretty Park line? I'm not sure, there wasn't anything on that link's page. There's only one backup of the site so I don't know if earlier or later sets are omitted.

------------------

Also, Em posted this screen cap:

I'm not sure where "In the Clouds", "Under the Sea", and "By the Sea" fit into all of this. Sunshine line, I guess?

I've also seen a Star Castle - Cosmetic Castle mentioned on a site circa 1997.

Also, the ad pikpal posted had Carousel and Ferris Wheel Starcastles.
« Last Edit: Sunday 18 July 2010, 05:38 pm by zuse »

Offline zuse

« Reply #44 on: Sunday 18 July 2010, 05:03 pm »
Here's one of the Coach ones. It's called "Beach Coach" so I assume it goes with the Beach Castle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARCASTLE-BEACH-COACH-1996-TRENDMASTERS-NEW-BOX-/170508284392?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b315f1e8

Here's a locket. I assume it matches the Beach Castle as well?

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=210361.html

They said they had two:
Made by Trendmasters in 1995. They are small castles that you wear as a locket around your neck, each one comes with a princess and her pet/friend. The ones I have are Kaleidoscope Locket Castle Under The Sea (with mermaid and seahorse) and Kaleidoscope Locket Castle In The Clouds (with angel and winged unicorn).

anything
anything