Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [Patch Up Pets - Dreamworks] stuffed cat with bandages, sling, syringe, etc  (Read 4923 times)

Offline jsp49

Hello all.  I just got to thinking of this and it's going to drive me mad now!  This would have been ~early 90s, i had a stuffed/plush cat toy about 16in or so, that had all kinds of bandages and stuff that went with it.  It was sat upright and a "cartoon" cat style, very plump and cuddly and generally looking like it had been in a nasty fight with another cat!  I can barely recall the ads for it, you were meant to be like the "vet" and nurse the kitty.  No idea what they were called.  Anybody have a clue?
« Last Edit: Sunday 28 April 2013, 03:47 am by zuse »

Offline TheMinorityof1990

Re: [Patch Up Pets - Dreamworks] stuffed cat with bandages, sling, syringe, etc
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 January 2013, 02:12 pm »
There was another post here a while back, about this kind of toy. Can u post a picture of the cat?

Offline jsp49

« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 January 2013, 02:41 pm »
Wish i could!  It might be around here somewhere, else it was probably lost during a move  :-\ 

I think what i remember of it was that it was grey/white, would have been a commercial toy as i seem to remember an advert for it, had a couple of it's "bandages" stitched on, and others were removable like the velcro cast and little arm sling. 

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 January 2013, 12:30 am »
Maybe this is the post that Minority was referring to?? http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=3031.0

JSP - What country are you in??
« Last Edit: Tuesday 29 January 2013, 12:39 am by Mysstica »

Offline jsp49

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 January 2013, 12:52 am »
Nah, this kitty wasn't that beaten up!  It was a "fibre" stuffed plushie and also bigger.  About the size of a "Purr-tender" cat (around 16in. i'd say, sitting upright, not on all fours).  I don't think it "did" anything like the "Kitty Check-up" doll.  I'm surprised at it being so hard to find because i'm sure they were a widely marketed thing around '90-92 or so.

I'm in the States :)

Offline jsp49

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 January 2013, 01:11 am »
Oh oh oh!  This might be it!  http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=1439.0

Yep - confirmed!  http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Dreamworks-Plush-PATCH-UP-PETS-10-Cast-Arm-Kitty-Cat/39469912

I knew if i kept looking i'd find it eventually :) 
« Last Edit: Tuesday 29 January 2013, 01:15 am by jsp49 »

anything