Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Princess Magic Touch] 1987 COLECO Pink Bird Cage ID Help :)  (Read 3707 times)

Offline chambychick

[ID: Princess Magic Touch] 1987 COLECO Pink Bird Cage ID Help :)
« on: Sunday 03 February 2013, 12:32 am »
An eBay seller included this cute birdcage for free in one of the auctions I won. They are unsure what it is, and so am I. Does anyone have any information about what this might be?

« Last Edit: Sunday 28 April 2013, 03:51 am by zuse »

Offline luckdragon

Re: 1987 COLECO Pink Bird Cage ID Help :)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 February 2013, 01:38 am »
From one of my favorite toys in the 1980s, Princess Magic Touch!

It's Princess Magic Touch's charm.  If you hit the white bird at the bottom with her magic wand, the bird sings.  A magnet should do it.

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_PrincessMagicTouch.htm

Princess Magic Touch was awesome!  I had Princess Magic Touch, Fancy Magic Touch, and Twirl Magic Touch along with three playsets (Flower Fountain, Garden Swing, and Tea Table).  I loved the Tea Table.  The magnetic action worked extremely well on it.  I still have them in storage somewhere.

It's sad that I knew from the title of the topic what this was, huh?

Try taking a small refrigerator magnet and sticking it against the white bird symbol.  It may still make the singing sounds.
« Last Edit: Sunday 03 February 2013, 01:42 am by luckdragon »

Offline chambychick

Re: 1987 COLECO Pink Bird Cage ID Help :)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 February 2013, 04:00 am »
Wow! I never ever would have found out what it was for! I tried a small fridge magnet but I didnt hear anything, it was magnet it though lol. If you would like it please let me know lol :)

anything