Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Bonnie] small dog  (Read 24148 times)

vanillascoop

[ID: Bonnie] small dog
« on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 12:36 pm »

i have no idea if it's from the 80's or 90's, i've had it since i was little.
i also had a red one, which i no longer own, and previous sleuthing has revealed that they both come with dolls, but i can't remember what they look like.
it has a small hole on it's underside that looks like it can be slotted into something, but it's not a pencil topper.

any help?
« Last Edit: Sunday 09 May 2010, 02:23 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline mouse

Re: small dog
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 01:47 pm »
I had a photo of one MOC saved on my old computer but it crashed and the photo is now lost. They did come with the dolls and the little hole is to sit in the playset. I had at least two playsets - one with a car and a little gas pump and one with a little boat with little oars. The doll was sort of similar to the current SSC small dolls - moveable are and legs and head. The girl also had a bow on her head and was wearing a shortish dress and sneaker type shoes. The car you could pull it back and it would move forward on it's own. It's from the 90's. I was born 88' and I had it when I was little (like I pretty much always remember it being there) but I don't think I would've have had it bought for me until the 90's.

ETA: I found a car. It's not a pullback. I also found a babar PVC  :D and spilled logo on the floor  >:( I will take and post a photo of it. I'm pretty sure I have a dog somewhere - but I could be wrong. Tomorrow I'll see about going through the barbie boxes to see if anything else is in there.
« Last Edit: Saturday 24 April 2010, 02:02 pm by mouse »

vanillascoop

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 03:21 pm »
i think the car and pump set sounds familiar, but i'd have to see them to be sure. i must have had more than one though because i have/had two dogs :)
looking forward to seeing the photos!

Offline barror

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 April 2010, 08:37 pm »
i have this (the one to right):

but remember the one you have and the doll too.

i asked someone on flickr, who also had the dog, and she said the doll was called bonnie.
don't know anything else. :/

Offline zap18

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:09 am »
Oh my goodness!  I was wondering about these too!  People keep beating me to the punch, but that's great, because it means we are all wondering about/remembering the same things :)

I'll start with pics of mine.  I believe I have 2-3 more brunette girls, but I can't find the pics just now.  I got the boy later, so I don't know his story, and I know nothing about this blonde with the other head mold, but she appears to have the same body.

The name "Bonnie" sounds right to me.  Also, my sister says we still have the gas pump that they came with- she remembers the cars, but doesn't think we have them anymore.  Does a hot pink car with flowers on it ring any bells for anyone?

vanillascoop

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 12:37 am »
i had the second red dog :D and the second girl down, although i don't know if her colours were the same.
 the idea of a car and petrol pump plaset is still nagging at me but as for details such as a pattern, like i said i'd really have to see one to know.
 does anyone have these in a catalogue or anything? or do you have any pics of the petrol pump, zap?

Offline LeahLPS

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 02:50 am »
I have a few of these dogs and one of the girl dolls that came with them as well, but I don't know what they're called, unfortunately.  I also have this photo I saved from an eBay listing of 2 dogs with a playset, though I have no idea if that's the correct playset they came with.  I just thought it was interesting because I had never seen that dog in a standing pose before:

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 06:46 am »
Once again you are AWESOME!

I'll hot-link the pic for you:

So, what's the date on these? I never saw them? ???
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline mouse

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 07:04 am »
I was born in '88 and this is a toy I pretty much always remember having - like I'm pretty sure I got it before I went to school so it'll be very early 90's.

Also I must have something wrong with me - the car I have does pull back - when I was testign it with my hand I was pushing the wheels in the wrong direction - dur  ::) It doesn't jave a date on it - it says

SJ (stylised - this must be the company logo)
Copyright Reg UK Design No 2000509
and then underneath that the ususal MADE IN CHINA

Offline mouse

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 07:56 am »
i have this (the one to right):

but remember the one you have and the doll too.

i asked someone on flickr, who also had the dog, and she said the doll was called bonnie.
don't know anything else. :/

The little green basket you posted in the pic - did that open up and have a little animal inside or something? I'm sure I had one of those. Was it from kinder surprise or something like that?

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 08:04 am »
Found a pic of a doll:

So, from what I can tell of the MOC picture, it's called "Bonnie Series."
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 April 2010, 08:16 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline barror

« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 April 2010, 08:19 am »
mouse - yes, it's from kinder surprise, 1995. mine had a pink cat. :)

vanillascoop

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 10:42 am »
anyone managed to find any more pics of these?

Offline nhtpirate1980

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 10:53 am »
I had two Bonnie that I have given to a friend who collect them.

I have one other and a dog in loose for him (the ones packaged in Zuse post) and an other friend has just found  one yellow Bonnie and one dog that he will give me for my friend (photo) :

« Last Edit: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 10:59 am by nhtpirate1980 »
^^
My pictures et scans albums : http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhtpirate/sets/

anything
anything