Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Favourite Boardgames!  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Skyhorse82

Favourite Boardgames!
« on: Monday 04 March 2013, 12:15 pm »
I am a boardgame freak, especially the 80s and 90s ones. I've got...a lot. No sleepover was ever complete without a round of Girl Talk, Nightmare or Atmosfear. To complete my collection, I had been after the following Milton Bradley boardgames for a long, long time:
Splat! Shark Attack & Bed Bugs.

Anyone recall these gems? I cherished the memory of playing them with my best friends when we were really little. Until very recently, I would routinely look for these on eBay, but as I am in Australia, and the games are usually somewhere in the northern hemisphere, shipping is super expensive. Well, you can imagine my reaction when I found all three in a neat stack at a garage sale at a Church on the weekend. My boyfriend pointed them out and I lost it. I literally ran and grabbed them; I grabbed them like an 80's mother grabbed a CPK doll when they first went on sale. I may have knocked over a kid or two in my excitement. I got them for $7.50 (the games, not the kids). Man, I love being in the right place at the right time. I had so much fun taking them home and cleaning them all up (again, the games, not the kids). The Splat! game still had its original 20 year old Playdoh in it. Gross. So, anyway, what are your favourite boardgame memories? I'm keen to know :)
« Last Edit: Monday 04 March 2013, 12:26 pm by Skyhorse82 »

Offline luckdragon

Re: Favourite Boardgames!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 March 2013, 04:11 am »
I remember Girl Talk.

My absolute favorite board game of all-time is 13 Dead End Drive from 1993.  I still have my original one.  I found a copy in a thrift store about 2 years ago for $2.12.  It was complete except the instructions were missing, so I downloaded a copy of the instructions and printed it off.  Taught my young cousins how to play, and they are obsessed with the game and love it.  They have that copy.  I still love the fireplace trap the most.  And I loved the commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz_wA-aTI0

About 2 months ago, I found 1313 Dead End Drive, the second version of the game from the early 2000s for $2.82 at the same thrift store.  It's missing pawn stands, but you can easily get those from another game and 2 connectors for underneath, but I tested it out without them, and it works fine.  Can't wait to surprise my little cousins with it.

My next favorite would be Monopoly (I have a small collection of them), then Guess Who.  I remember Mall Madness.  I had the Babysitters Club board game too.  I had some Barbie games too.  We Girls Can Do Anything was one of them, but the better one was Barbie Queen of the Prom game.  My brother and 2 cousins would play it with me (one cousin being a boy).  My brother and male cousin would always try to get me or my girl cousin to end up with the "geeky" Ken.

Offline wingsinmoonlight

• Yesterday's Child on Ebay
Re: Favourite Boardgames!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 March 2013, 01:25 am »
It wasn't quite a board game but I loved Tales Of The Crystals. I have a couple thrift shop copies that I taught my stepkids to play.

anything
anything