Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Steffi Love grandma or plus-size clone?  (Read 4991 times)

Offline andersonsallpurpose

Steffi Love grandma or plus-size clone?
« on: Friday 08 March 2013, 06:24 pm »
Does anyone know who this doll is? She's a thrift store find and I thought she was a Steffi Love by Simba Toys, but I can't find any doll that matches her description.

She came in this pink dress with black net sleeves. It could be original - the fit isn't perfect, particularly at the shoulders, but that could be a manufacturing error. It does fit around her waist though, which is unusually wide for a fashion doll.

Stamp on back of head says "Simba", body says MADE IN CHINA. She doesn't have the Simba elephant logotype, although I understand not all newer Simba dolls do. She hardly has any makeup and looks like she's supposed to be an older woman.

Body is identical to the regular articulated Steffi Love body - EXCEPT for the torso, which has a less defined waist and smaller chest. She looks like she could be the grandma of some doll family, like Mattel's Happy Family, but I can't find any indication that Simba ever made anything similar.

It could be a clone, but she seems to be too high quality for that. Changing the torso to the "granny-type" seems a bit unusual, too.

So, I'm stuck. If anybody can help me figure out who this doll is, I'd really appreciate it!

Offline andersonsallpurpose

Re: Steffi Love grandma or plus-size clone?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 April 2016, 12:57 am »
UPDATE: This doll has been identified as a doll made by Simba Toys in the 90s for the clothes store H&M wearing their L.O.G.G. brand: https://www.flickr.com/photos/just-a-nobody/25932475850/

anything