Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: My dolls collection :)  (Read 5333 times)

Offline Peter8

My dolls collection :)
« on: Wednesday 22 May 2013, 02:56 pm »

Offline luckdragon

Re: My dolls collection :)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 May 2013, 08:00 pm »
Lovely pictures!

Brought back a lot of memories.  I remember adoring Babysitter Skipper and Babysitter Courtney.  Especially Courtney, whose head eventually fell off from play...

I didn't have the Pet Pals Skipper or Courtney, but I did have Pet Pals Kevin.  He was a Christmas gift from my aunt.  I can remember that.  It was my only Kevin doll.  I'm thinking Kevin wasn't a long-lived character.

Recently, I was in a thrift store and saw the Barbie Fold 'n Fun House, the only Barbie house I had (still have).  Someone had disemboweled it.  Pieces of it were all over the floor!  They'd ripped the walls out, thrown the furniture around, etc.  Made me feel like part of my childhood was violated.  Why, oh why do people let their kids run hog-wild in stores?

Who is 2013 Raquelle?  Is that a Barbie character now?  Or someone else?  That doll is really good-looking!  What a cool expression on her face!  I work in a toy store, but I'm almost always in the electronics department or at the service desk.  Makes me want to go visit the fashion doll aisles to see if I can see that doll.  Or is she not released?