Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Nostalgia Overload  (Read 2760 times)

Offline DeadlyNova

Nostalgia Overload
« on: Wednesday 23 October 2013, 07:59 am »
I hope this is the right place for this. ^^

The other day, when I came back to this site, I was looking through a topic where someone was asking for identification on some toys and one of the toys was something I had as a child. I read on to find out it was a vintage Littlest Pet Shop.

Now, I don't know much about MOST vintage toys, other than Alvin and the Chipmunks, My Little Pony, and various dolls...so I didn't even KNOW that was a LPS!

A moment ago I found another one I had as a child in my room, so I decided I'd look it up to find out what playset it's from.

Upon looking through the playsets...I was flooded with childhood memories. I had so many of these and I had no idea. These are some of the most vivid memories from my childhood!

At my grandparents house there was a long porch, and on it there were three buckets of toys that had been my sisters. I played with them all the time, but hadn't seen most of them new. That's where most of these came from, and also why I had no idea what they were. I remember sitting on that porch until it was too dark to see playing with them.

Another vivid memory I have is buying a broken, stickerless,  "Kennel Playset" with no accessories at a thrift store when I was really little. I was so happy cause it costed maybe a dollar. Even if it was nothing but the blank building, I had years of fun with that.

Unfortunately those buckets of toys disappeared when my grandparents moved, and I've spent years looking for them to no avail. There were so many toys from the 80's and 90's in there that I would love to dig through.

So far I have found a couple of the vintage LPS things I played with as a child. I found the Water Garden from the "Water Garden Kitties" and the mommy bunny from "Mommy & Baby Bunnies", along with a bird cage.

Hopefully I can find those buckets of toys one day to see if the rest of them are still around.  :(

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you guys. xD
« Last Edit: Wednesday 23 October 2013, 08:15 am by DeadlyNova »

Offline luckdragon

Re: Nostalgia Overload
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 October 2013, 01:58 am »
Yeah, I loved my vintage Littlest Pet Shop toys.  I think when I was 9-11, my allowance was dedicated to Littlest Pet Shop and Polly Pocket (also vintage, naturally).

My favorite LPS set was the Twinkling Sledding Party:
http://littlestpetshop.50webs.com/sparklingpondpets.htm
I also had Water Garden Kitties, so I did have both of the sets they made for that line.

When I wasn't playing with their playsets, I was doing pet shows (like dog shows) with them.  I would also pretend to have adoption fairs like they really were in a pet shop.  Now, the LPS line look so much alike, I can't tell what animal they are supposed to be half the time.  And they used to almost always come with accessories or a playset.  The majority seem to be just the pets now.

Offline tink25

Re: Nostalgia Overload
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 December 2013, 02:09 am »
I'm also a HUGE fan of vintage LPS and I'm also an avid collector!

You should check out the vintage LPS forum and collectors website that one of the forum members runs! It's a lot of fun!

www.kennerlittlestpetshop.com/forum

www.vintagelpscollector.com

anything
anything