Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: My Puppy Loves Me] Stuffed dog from the early 90's (or late 80's).  (Read 4611 times)

Offline MommaWolf

I hate making an account on a forum of any kind just to ask for help with one thing, but I've been thinking about this stuffed dog since before Christmas and being sick with the flu, I've started having delirious dreams about this toy. I've been unable to find it no matter how I search online for it, BUT I did find other people looking for the same thing! Unfortunately, none of them seemed to find the answer...

I'll begin with, it's not a Pound Puppy, or Fluppy, as I had both and remember them well. It certainly wasn't a Popple, and it had no other plastic parts other than it's eyes and nose, so it surely wasn't any of the 'Surprise' line (I vividly remember the Pony Surprises too).

Alright, let me start fleshing out: It was about 2 to 2 1/2 feet long from the top of it's head to it's back feet (if a child were holding or hugging it). It had shorter but floppy ears, and was solid white except for it's eyes and nose which were mostly black plastic (I can't plainly recall the eye color, but they were pretty standard plastic animal eyes). It's fur had about a 2 inch pile which was pretty soft but not totally cottony. It was certainly quadruped, and not like a 'cartoon' dog, but it sat up more than stood on all fours so it's front legs seemed shorter in my memory. I'm thinking it had black paw pads, but I'm not sure about that... One thing is certainly for sure though, and a strong recalling factor that I saw other people noting when they were searching for it, was that when you pushed or 'bopped' it's nose, it whined. That whine I can remember so vividly, and if I heard it, I would know for sure that was it.

If someone posted a link to a photo, I'm sure I could recognize it in a heart beat, but I just can't recall it's maker or model. For that matter, I don't even remember if it came with any accessories. If it's just not a common or mainstream enough of a toy from the time, I may never find it, but I'll certainly try to keep looking for it.

This little white dog was very special to me and helped me through a very, very hard time in my life, and since my sweet daughter is going through very similar things right now, I would so dearly love to find one for her.

I just thought of something... if this post doesn't ring any bells with anyone and no one here can find it off of this description, I think my mother might have an old photo of me holding it on an Easter Sunday. I'll try to get back with you guys about that, because it may be a long shot in the dark. Thank you so very much for any help that leads to me finding the name and maker of this sweet puppy!
« Last Edit: Saturday 11 January 2014, 01:02 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline MommaWolf

Re: I need help IDing a stuffed dog from the early 90's (or late 80's).
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 January 2014, 12:34 pm »
Whoo! I found it, and on this forum too!

This makes me feel really bad, but I figured out that if I did something as simple as change the word "Whine" to "Whimper" I finally found it in the site's search feature! I feel like a real noob now!

It's the 1992 My Puppy Loves Me as seen in this thread:
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=714.0
Specifically, the white one with short ears found in the image posted by Zap18.

I confirmed this with the commercial found here at 2:30 (final photo of all 3 at 2:44):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTdSxnX9ONA
That whimper and bark! Hearing it was like hearing a ghost of a dead relative!

Even though I found it before anyone else replied, thank you, all of you, who make this forum happen!

Now I just need to find out the best place to start looking for this little fellow!

anything
anything