Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Care Bears Birthday weird for 2 year old son?  (Read 6224 times)

Offline alicewonder

Care Bears Birthday weird for 2 year old son?
« on: Saturday 08 February 2014, 12:37 pm »
Hi,
  I thought I's ask this here since I don't know if it's me or what.
I have a Lovely little guy who will be 2 in March.
He's discovered Care Bears.  We gave him my childhood ones last year for easter and he Loves them. He knows they're names and calls them "Funshine and Share Bear"
He is Big into them and coloring.
Now, we are planning his 2nd birthday. Last year his birthday consisted of stuffed animals in hats to celebrate (he's now BIG in hats really likes them alot and "eyes" Glasses") and some family.

Anyway, last year I had to politely kick very ill behaved in-laws out of our house. As. they did Nasty things like try to FEED him his first bite of cake, !!!!offer him jelly beans and peanuts, had another (sister-inlaw) Twin toddlers dismantle the decorations a bit and hand to them, Send right at happy birthday song/cake the little boy to RUN in with a TON of balloons to take away from Birthday Boy! Seriusly we saw them gather them and  SEND the child with them in the direction! They came in with FILTHIEST and in turn we ALL got VERY sick. Oh, and the twins were RUNNING around my house BEating and throwing everything (No exaggerations)

I have to keep the peace. My husband is already hurt by this but doesn't want to shut them out. I'm like DONE. Every sticking time we get to gether it's a stunt or and some one gets REALLY sick!

Anyway, my husband suggested we do a Care Bears Birthday Party for MR Q.  I'm a little rediseint what the "guest" will say or do.
First as a mom to a BOY I'm learning that somethings are Taboo for even a little guy! Like I can't find a selection for "little" in Son cards and the girls have WAY more selection. Since my son is Obessed with Coloring and Care bears can say Most of his colors and reconigse them ect...

Blah blah sorry to drone late night and my brain is spinning.
Would you think it would be Weird for him to have a Care Bear party since typically it would seem this is reserved for Girls? I guess I could just do animals with some color if not.
He's 2 we were thinking Mickey Mouse next year maybe.

I don't mean to push girl culture on my son however, I make it available to him. He has a play kitchen which he loves to play with, He plays with my old childhood kitchen toys and plush. My husband doesn't have anything left from his childhood really since his folks pitched all his Baby.childhood things. His sisters (twins) have like 6 baby blankets.clothes , toys ect but my husband was told they didn't keep anything for him!

My mom says I'm giving my little boy options which is helping him be a more rounded individual. Also, we are trying for our 2nd and I told mom if we do get preg and she throws a shower I'd like clouds, would this be too weird if my son has a care bears birthday? Not trying to put the cart before the horse but I don't want to look like a robbed his party. Ugh, I'm probably over thinking Everything.

Offline alicewonder

Re: Care Bears Birthday weird for 2 year old son?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 February 2014, 12:40 pm »
Oh and I thought I'd ask you guys since I got Blasted, when I was pregnant on the baby site cause I bought my son a crib that was for GIRLS ONLY according to them! his crib is classic with Spindles and it's white and curved.

Offline luckdragon

« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 February 2014, 02:06 am »
*shrugs*  I always thought Care Bears were for both genders.  When I was little, my grandmother kept us (me, my brother, my cousins, and some other kids).  One of the boys was probably 7 when I was...maybe 4, and he had Good Luck Bear.  I was jealous because (at the time) Good Luck Bear was my favorite because my favorite color was green, and my only Care Bear was Baby Hugs.  (off-topic, but now, my favorite is Wish Bear).

If he likes Care Bears, I don't see the problem.  Have you seen the phenomenon now of My Little Pony fans spanning both genders?

He's your kid, but keep the in-laws away if you have to.  Unless the parent is making harmful choices, family members should respect the parents' wishes.  I would question anyone who thinks a 12-month-old should eat peanuts.

Offline alicewonder

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 February 2014, 03:12 am »
Thanks! :)

Offline garagesailor

• The Pink Box Project
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 February 2014, 02:40 pm »
Care Bears are for boys and girls! If your little guy loves Care Bears, I say go for it! :)
Check out my Barbie ID Website!
http://www.pinkboxproject.com

Offline catlover51

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 February 2014, 01:39 am »
Agreed

Offline hime

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 February 2014, 02:38 am »
Yeah, I agree with everyone else Care bears are multi gender(But even if they were,nt it STILL would be ok)

anything
anything