Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Cartoon on VHS with songs, anyone remember?  (Read 6289 times)

Offline crystalmoonmist

Cartoon on VHS with songs, anyone remember?
« on: Tuesday 01 April 2014, 09:07 am »
I vaguely remember a VHS tape that I used to watch when I was a kid. It was probably from the mid-80's to the early 90's, since I was born in 1985, and remember being able to play the VHS for myself when I got old enough. It was in color and most likely regular animation and not puppets.

It featured a bunch of songs for kids. Songs I remember are:

- An elephant / hippo or some other similar animal singing, "I'm picking up a baby bumble bee" and acting out the words. Then the animal put the bee in its mouth and it stung her.
- An animal with floppy ears singing, "Do your ears hang low". It was moving its ears around to the words in the song, doing the actions like tying them in a bow.
- A cartoon showing a spider acting out the words in "The itsy bitsy spider."

I also seem to remember there being a hot air balloon and some sort of circus theme.

It also probably isn't a "Kid songs" or "Baby songs" tape, and also not "Dumbo's circus."

I'm new here and this has been bothering me for a long time, and I have done a lot of research trying to find it already. Thank you so much if you can help me! :) ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline crazyaboutchristmas

Re: Cartoon on VHS with songs, anyone remember?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 September 2014, 02:57 am »
My first two thoughts were Dumbo's Circus or The Elephant Show but then I re-read your post and saw that you thought it was animation and not puppets so I'm not sure.  If anything else comes to mind I'll post it.

Offline crystalmoonmist

Re: Cartoon on VHS with songs, anyone remember?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 June 2016, 06:10 am »
This question has been answered on another website. In case anyone was wondering what this was, it was a Golden Book Video tape called, "Sing, Giggle and Grin."

I found it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-khatC51ww0