Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Mickeytown Castle] Need help finding Disney Castle Playset  (Read 5983 times)

Offline jazzmatazz

[ID: Mickeytown Castle] Need help finding Disney Castle Playset
« on: Thursday 03 April 2014, 03:35 am »
Alright so I sort of know what I had growing up. I know there is a photo of it somewhere just it'd take me a weekend to dig around and find it. So onto the description.

It's a toddler playset. Kinda like little people the figures are like these:
ebay photo:

Not exactly those molds but same make they are also finger puppets for small hands.  I vividly remember there being a Donald, Mickey, and goofy. This playset is rather big, has a track for the train to go around I think. I remember a drawbridge. Alright the company that made the finger puppets is Arco

I want to say it was made by playskool but I could be wrong I can't find photos of it.
It could be a newer model of this Playmates playset:

ebay photo:

I really think its the playmates castle just a 90s version and I just want to find more info and photos on it! I'm so close to finding this I know it, I may find it on my own with a few more hours of google search. My castle came with Arco finger puppet figures the castle is like they mashed up the Red arco castle and the playmates castle into one better castle.

photo of the Arco castle:
« Last Edit: Thursday 10 April 2014, 07:13 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline jazzmatazz

Re: Need help finding Disney Castle Playset
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 April 2014, 04:30 am »
Alright... I've resorted to starting in on the giant sorting photos project in hopes to find this picture. I've been putting it off for years I got like 3 boxes to sort.  :-X  I wish my parents would've been more organized when I was growing up and they already be in photo books vs loose in boxes.

Lucky me it was in the top 20% of box one!

Here is the photo, sadly not a frontal view but a side view. Plus some random kid my mom was babysitting. She was not happy I had 0 interest in babies.

Some new info, Arco Toys was bought out by Mattel.
« Last Edit: Thursday 03 April 2014, 05:01 am by jazzmatazz »

Offline jazzmatazz

Re: Need help finding Disney Castle Playset
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 April 2014, 05:07 am »
So basically with that new info I figured it out on my own!
Mattel Mickeytown Castle playset!

here is a frontal and back view from ebay, which is missing a lot of pieces the elevator doors etc:
front:

back:

It looks like a fun toyline. I did have the carry around school as well but the original arco one with pvc figures vs finger puppets. I must of been at the age right when mattel bought out the company to have toys from both lines.

anything
anything