Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Li'l Playmates Space Station, by Playworld Toys] Space Playset from the 90s  (Read 6460 times)

Offline aweiler

Hello! I'm trying to find any information about this Space playset from the late 80s or early 90s. I used to own it as a kid and we're cleaning out the house, and it just hasn't shown up anywhere. I'll describe it now:

-It's a Space Command post with at least 2 sturdy legs.
-The ground is a very strong colour, either blue, green, or turquoise or bright teal. There are several craters to make it look like another planet or moon.
-It has a satellite dish that goes on the very top and rotates from the command post. The dish can also tilt up and down on a screw.
-It comes with a Space rover with either 4 or 6 wheels. The rover has a plastic window.
-The command centre has 1 side open so you can put stuff inside it.
-There is a big plastic window on the other side.
-There's a plastic gun/camera; I think it might go in a hole in the rover.
-I have no idea what the space-people look like, or if there are any.
-Both the satelite dish & gun are removable, because they're the only pieces I can find.
-There's no IDs or company names on either piece, except the satelite dish has a raised letter A on it.

It's definitely not Lego, Playmobil, Star Wars, or Star Trek. I feel like it was a stand-alone toy, not part of a series.  I included everything I can remember or know.  Any idea?
« Last Edit: Monday 23 June 2014, 09:45 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Space Playset from the 90s
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 May 2014, 06:09 pm »
This one that went with Li'l Playmates figures (I know these were in Sears Wishbook over several years - not exactly an off-brand but not a major one either). I had their farm/barn playset as a kid with the same type of people figures. Looks like there was also a blue alien and a green alien?

www.ebay.com/itm/291151143499

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251537468058

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wishbook/sets/72057594129032698/page8/
« Last Edit: Friday 30 May 2014, 12:40 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline aweiler

Re: Space Playset from the 90s
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 June 2014, 08:36 pm »
That's definitely it, thank you very much! I showed my mum your pictures and she said it was one of the toys at my grandmother's house, so she must have gotten rid of it when she moved. However, I still have no idea why we've got the satellite dish or the little gun from the 02 yellow-car.

anything