Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Heya from Canada!  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Sugar Doll

• Little Girl at Heart
    • Sugar's Doll House
Heya from Canada!
« on: Sunday 06 July 2014, 04:45 am »
Hello there! I'm actually from Australia but temporarily living in Canada right now.

I visit GotD a lot to add items to my wish list but I've never ventured onto the forums before~

A lot of the people that I know seem to think collecting toys is childish and a waste of time so I've come here seeing more like-minded people!

I've got a fairly decent sized collection already because I love nothing more than to spend all day hitting up garage sales and thrift stores. (When I have the money of course lol)

The reason I collect is because I love the aesthetic of 80's and 90's girls toys, the shades of pastel colors they used to use was just "so" and nowadays toy makers just don't seem to care about getting the perfect shade of pink, mint, lilac, etc. Also dolls from that time had such a soft appearance and the detail in the eyes is just amazing.

I could go on and on about what I love about collecting but I'll save you the long read!

I also have a blog where I try to update as much as I can about my thrift finds, unique fashion and also general toy and cute culture from the 80's and 90's. If you'd like, please check it out!

Offline 90sfairy

Re: Heya from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 July 2014, 08:04 am »
WOW I love all your things! I didn't know you were kissmykandi on Tumblr :) Been following you for a long time.
I found you on Youtube as well, you are sugardoll right? I subscribed :)
You and Lila inspire me <3

Offline Sugar Doll

• Little Girl at Heart
    • Sugar's Doll House
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 July 2014, 09:23 pm »
WOW I love all your things! I didn't know you were kissmykandi on Tumblr :) Been following you for a long time.
I found you on Youtube as well, you are sugardoll right? I subscribed :)
You and Lila inspire me <3
OMG really?? That's so amazing! ? Thank you so much~
I saw your username while browsing down the forum and I got a little excited because I was thinking "maybe a fairy girl!" I'm so glad I was right~~
I'm so happy that me and Lila can be an inspiration to you ? Lila is really such a darling person and I look up to her a lot too!
I would love to know what your tumblr is~~?

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 July 2014, 12:40 am »
^_^
Serenasailormoonfan is my tumblr. It's mostly pink themed. I went a little crazy on it today and reblogged some 80's things.
It's not 100% fairy kei, so not really worth following :p

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 July 2014, 01:26 am »
Lol found out I'm following you on etsy as well.

Offline Sugar Doll

• Little Girl at Heart
    • Sugar's Doll House
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 July 2014, 06:34 pm »
^_^
Serenasailormoonfan is my tumblr. It's mostly pink themed. I went a little crazy on it today and reblogged some 80's things.
It's not 100% fairy kei, so not really worth following :p

Ah! I remember you! You're the one who asked about the color of my toy shelf right?~

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 July 2014, 06:59 am »
Oh that was you? Yeah I remember that :)  :D

Do you still need to get the Barbie print and play cd rom? I've seen a few on ebay. Been wanting it myself actually!

I have a few Barbie pc rom games myself. The ones I have from my childhood are:
'Barbie Magic Fairy Tales: Barbie as Rapunzel' (spent hours on this as a kid)
'Barbie Jewelry Designer' (also loved this as a kid)
I also have 'Barbie Beauty Boutique' 'Barbie Pet Rescue' and 'Beauty Styler' from when I was around 11/12
I also have 'Barbie Riding Club' but sadly it doesn't work on this pc. The graphics go all weird. Miss playing it :(

I posted videos of me playing them on my channel
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrrJIhkmJLbL2RAtcuVdR7bxw0JKc3weO
I'm yet to do a video of the Pet Rescue game. I did have one, but I deleted it since it was when I was only allowed 10 min uploads. Have to find it again since I misplaced the disc

All the other Barbie games I don't physically own. I'd like to own them at some point.