Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Hey Everyone! :D  (Read 4222 times)

Offline MaryAnnesPen

Hey Everyone! :D
« on: Monday 21 July 2014, 03:03 am »
Hi! *waves*

Well, if you can't tell by the name and the icon, I am Mary Anne, and I am an 80's/90's nostalgia junkie! And my favorite part of that nostalgia? The toys, of course! I was born in 1982, so I saw most of the toys on the ID site when they came out originally. And I have fond memories of playing with My Little Ponies and Care Bears and Pound Puppies.

I never really stopped with toys. I moved to "collecting" around fourteen or so, and at that period, I admit, I tried to make it sound like it was JUST a certain thing (Beanie Boos, Winnie The Pooh plushies, etc.) but when I was twenty-one and the G3 My Little Ponies started, I just went "oh, screw this! I LOVE TOYS!" And I haven't looked back since then. :)

So, I usually say I collect dolls, model horses and vintage 80's/90's toys, but since I'm with fellow collectors, here's a better list: My Little Pony, Care Bears, Fashion Star Fillies, Sweetie Pups, Wuzzles, Yum Yums, Popples, Fairy Tails, Little Pretties, Fluppy Dogs, Rainbow Brite, Rose Petal Place, Lady Lovely Locks, Pound Puppies, Monster High, Ever After High, Zelfs, American Girl (historical only), some Barbies, finishing up the Bratz lines I had started, Grand Champions, Breyer Model Horses, Beanie Babies, Beanie Boos, some Build A Bear, Webkinz, Maple Town, Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters, and starting to get majorly tempted by Schleich animals.

I need to photograph my collection and that's my next big project. I'm also hoping to start getting into selling, so when I get my store up, I'll drop a link in my sig. :) Right now I'm excited because I've got four Fashion Star Fillies coming in the mail after Wednesday! *happy dance*

On the non-toy side: I'm a freelance writer, I live in Michigan, my passions are writing and animal rescue. I'm a geek girl, my geekiest thing being involved in fandom. :) I love horror movies, reading, rock and country music, and nature. My best friend compares me to Pinkie Pie from the new MLP cartoon. And...if you want to know anything, just ask! :D

Looking forward to sharing one of my favorite hobbies with ya'll! :D

anything