Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Baby Beads] 1999 Bracelet Figurines w/ Playset - Dogs, Cats & Babies  (Read 13725 times)

Offline smileyk

I remember collecting these tiny little figurines, only about 2-2.5cm tall.  You could get babies, cats and dogs, and they all connected together to form bracelets.  I have a feeling they might have come with a few in a pack because I ended up with a few doubles, and you got little bit of plastic for the bracelet band as well.  I also remember stumbling across (or saving up money or something) to get the playset that went with it, and it was a pink set of 6 drawers with a carrying handle and purple drawer knobs.  The two drawers at the bottom were joined and pulled out as storage space for the figurines, and the top 4 opened out like a wardrobe to a playset with like a slide and loose beds and prams and stuff.  All it says on the base of that is "1999 Original San Francisco Toymakers".  Searched everywhere but no idea what they were called... :) No pictures yet, though I can take some if needed!  Help appreciated :D Drawers have a nice big scratch on the outside, but otherwise they're in good nic because after collecting them, I think I got bored pretty quickly.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sunday 12 April 2015, 11:33 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: 1999 Bracelet Figurines w/ Playset - Dogs, Cats & Babies
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 January 2015, 05:21 pm »
Baby Beads?

we*art*family on eBay listed some packs that didn't sell.

Also: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271666032048

« Last Edit: Sunday 11 January 2015, 08:08 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline smileyk

« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 January 2015, 10:09 am »
That was it! :D Thanks!  Attempting the big task of going through all of my old stuff and seeing if any of it is worth anything. xD They were fun to collect.  Not sure I ever had a checklist though!

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 March 2015, 06:28 pm »
Oh my gosh!!! I have these and have been asking about them and people just said they were cheap products and Chinese bla bla bla. Thought I was going nuts.
I have a dog and cat one somewhere!!
So happy I found this thread!

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 March 2015, 06:32 pm »
However my beads came not in little bags but sealed packets? Those little blind bags are definitely not what to had.

Offline smileyk

« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 March 2015, 11:45 pm »
Glad my post could help someone else!  :)  It was driving me nuts too, because I had so many and the playset, but the only identifying text was the copyright, and as much as I googled, I had no success.  I think mine came in the same bags as posted, but I honestly can't remember.  I don't remember having the catalogues I don't think, because I keep everything, and haven't seen them anywhere.

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 March 2015, 10:10 am »
If I ever find  them I will post a picture

Offline robinharper

• Kitty Care and Puppy Care from Hornby
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 March 2015, 09:43 pm »
Totally new to me but so cute.  What a lovely and fun idea.   Better than those normal bracelets.  ;)

Hugs
  Robin
Come visit my site about Kitty Care and Puppy Care from Hornby: http://kitty-care.webnode.nl/

Come and take a look on my site dedicated to toys of the eighties, mostly in kitty cat form: http://toys-of-the-eighties.webnode.nl/index/

Offline minamarie

Re: [ID: Baby Beads] 1999 Bracelet Figurines w/ Playset - Dogs, Cats & Babies
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 17 January 2017, 12:21 pm »
I had them all!!! they were sold on blister cards here! my grandpa bought them for me! still got most of them but with cut off connectthingies :( would LOVE to buy a ton of these

Offline smileyk

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 January 2017, 01:40 pm »
I've still got all of mine in the picture above with the playset if you're interested... :) Make an offer.

Offline minamarie

Offline 90sfairy

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 November 2018, 10:26 pm »
Seems like Giochi Preziosi an Italian company made their own version. Type into eBay Italy piccole gioie

anything
anything