Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: Fantasy Fillies] 1996 Colorful Toy Horse ID?  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Wickfield

[ID: Fantasy Fillies] 1996 Colorful Toy Horse ID?
« on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 01:23 am »
Hi guys, my sister and I have been trying to identify some toy horses we got for Christmas of 1996.

I remember asking for the horse because I saw it on a TV commercial and my sister got one too, they were both part of the same series.  They were plastic horses, I don't think they were articulated, but they had batteries inside that allowed them to light up.  They were the size of standard toy horses, too small for a Barbie to ride.  Looking at the main website here, they seem similar to the Fashion Star Fillies, but these were from the mid-90s so not part of that line.

Mine was kind of a turquoise color, with purple legs, mane, and tail.  The gimmick on mine was that she had purple plastic flowers in her hair that lit up.  I think there was also a purple plastic jewel on her forehead and some kind of glittery design on her hindquarters.

My sister's was pink with purple legs and a light pink, crimped main and tail.  Hers had big red Pegasus wings that also lit up.

I have a few low-res photos from Christmas of that year if it helps.  

I hope you experts can figure it out!
« Last Edit: Sunday 21 June 2015, 12:41 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Wickfield

Re: 1996 Colorful Toy Horse ID?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 May 2015, 02:03 am »
Believe it or not I just ID'd these myself - seeing their resemblance to the Fashion Star Fillies actually helped me to discover these were "Fantasy Fillies!"  Sorry for creating the new thread, maybe they could be added to the main site. :)

anything
anything