Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Finding this site helped get me throught the day today.  (Read 5048 times)

Offline taffyfons1986

Finding this site helped get me throught the day today.
« on: Friday 01 July 2016, 11:57 am »
I do believe I found some of my family from past lives today. Sarah, your interests parallel mine significantly. I am ecstatic that I happened across this page today. My name is Trina, born (1986) and raised basically on the Texas/New Mexico state line in New Mexico but currently reside a lil farther into the Texas panhandle where I have been a professional pet stylist for about ten years now.  The nickname taffy was bestowed upon me by one of dads best friends when my parents got me from the hospital because my initials were T.A.F. I state that as I do because I was fortunate to be adopted when I was born. Given everything my parents went through just to have their own child I was spoiled beyond rotten by them. I also was the only grandchild for seven years to one set of grandparents and the baby's baby to the other. There are many memories I have of toys that I used to play with and would love to locate replacements yet know none of their names brands ECT and have difficulty discribing them. Today I decided, while visiting my parents for a bit, to go through the two plastic tubs that remain in their home in an effort to quell the sadness that was building. I lost my last grandparent this past January to a well lived, long life and still have yet to really believe that he is really gone. He was my world and is the reason I carry myself as I do physically and have a Polock stubborn side that is always present. A lady must always be confident, graceful, and strong enough to never falter especially when her husband needs her to lean on without having that need go noticed. They told me this morning that the home where my past summer vacations live has been sold and they should close the sale before Saturday. As I pulled every doll, stuffed animal, and memory out of those storage tubs today I came across the present my grandpa have me on my third birthday. She is a mademoiselle Alexander doll, who I named Jenny Ryder, and has seen better days. Seeing her brought so much joy, I had thought that she had been left behind several years ago with everything else I owned when I escaped my abusive husband, I was just thankful to get away from him with my life at the time it didn't matter. Curiousity got the better of me on a few others I came across that I rarely hear about anymore, let alone have seen another of in ages when I happened to stumble into this forum. Seeing that others are also not only sharing memories but providing this next generation with the opportunity to experience the joy that I am, thankfully, not the only one who remembers and longs for. Seeing just the few posts and discussions I have thus far has chased away some of the lonliness I feel when I have to fight with my babies to get them to unplug long enough to sit down and eat. They just have to have a phone, tablet and computer or television all going at the same time otherwise they don't know what to do with themselves. I recall at my children's ages being outside with my best friend and neighbor playing with barbies and/or Polly pockets all day long and not having the desire to even turn the tv on. Has anyone here yet found the words to describe why we enjoyed these, well, for lack of better wording,  pieces of plastic, in a way that our up and coming's  may not only try but truly have the desire for what we felt? My apologies if I drone on to much. I feel every emotion in  it's extremities.

anything
anything