Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Do you know me? 12" Doll ID  (Read 4322 times)

Offline duenia

Do you know me? 12" Doll ID
« on: Sunday 27 November 2016, 06:00 pm »
So, I got this doll when I was a little kid. Sometime before I even remember, so she's probably from 1990 - 1995 maybe possibly earlier.

I'm pretty sure she's just a cheap made in China doll, as evidenced by "CHINA" being on the back of her head. But I'd love if anyone had some information about it.

She has blue sleepy eyes, vinyl head/arms/feet. Her head is held on by the zip tie, and the limbs were sewn in a way so that the fabric on the body held them in place.

She has long platinum blonde hair that hair is rooted and has huge bald spots. There is a ring of hair around her scalp, and then a row down the middle. She does have bangs but they are no longer placed correctly. They used to curl over her forehead from behind her hairline.

I believe the nightgown she is wearing is what she came with. It used to be elastic around her wrists and tight around her neck but has since stretched out. Nightgown IDed as Fisher Price Mandy

I've been working on restoring her since she's kind of mess now, so sorry if some of the pictures are duplicates.

Offline Dludnerad

Re: Do you know me? 12" Doll ID
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 November 2016, 07:08 pm »
these dolls were often sold around christmas in warehouse stores. They had names like My Baby, Happy Baby, Lovely Baby.
All of them have weird bald spots that are hidden by the hair style. I've seen other ones with a part down the middle of their head, and big bald spots on each side because they were packaged with pigtails.

anything