Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Playrail - Tomy  (Read 9970 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Playrail - Tomy
« on: Friday 14 May 2010, 05:02 am »
(Apparently it was also made by Palitoy and called "Discovery Time" - I believe the UK version of the Tree Tots was also part of the brand "Discovery Time")

Okay, this is *technically* a mid to late 70s toy but I believe it was also available in the early 80s. I just wanted to share it here. :) I got one of the people in a Fisher Price bag at the flea market once and didn't know what it was! (They have a metal ball-bearing on the base so that they coast along). I don't know how many there were, but here are some I've come across!

Merry-Go-Copter

(image from eBay)

Merry-Go-Zoo

(image from eBay)

Merry-Go-School Bus

(image from eBay)

Merry-Go-Train

(image from eBay - I've also seen this in the Tomy box on eBay)
« Last Edit: Friday 14 May 2010, 05:04 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EricaVee

Re: Playrail - Tomy
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 May 2010, 06:31 am »
I had pieces of that growing up--some of the people and the bus. I grew up in the same house as my aunt and uncles did and they grew up in the 70's, so it was probably something of theirs that my grandmother kept.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline sunhuntin

• tomy train enthusiast
    • suns thomas and friends
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 July 2011, 09:36 am »
ive dedicated myself to tomy trains, both vintage like the merry go sets right up to the current fisher-price thomas trackmaster. i hope one day to open a small toy museum with trains being the main focus.

the old merry go sets are great fun! ive got 3 of the 4 sets and im always looking for parts. http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/tomy-merry-go-sets.html

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 July 2011, 11:06 pm »
Great web site! :)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)