Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Snuggle Buddies - distributed by Venture Stores  (Read 8960 times)

Offline LeahLPS

Snuggle Buddies - distributed by Venture Stores
« on: Friday 14 May 2010, 07:38 am »
Found these pics when going through my old photos, and thought perhaps I should make a post about them.  I don't know too much about these Snuggle Buddies, but I'm guessing they were produced from the the mid to late 80s since they seem to be heavily influenced by Pillow People.  Their tush tags say they were distributed by Venture Stores.

Bear 1 in pink dress with "Trappers" shoes, perhaps meant to be a Trappers or Furskins bear?:

Bear 2 in white outfit with multi-colored spots (again, probably meant to be a Trappers or Furskins bear?):

Mooseltoe:

Santa:

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Snuggle Buddies - distributed by Venture Stores
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 May 2010, 02:20 pm »
I don't understand the hat and outfit coordination with the second bear. :P
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 May 2010, 05:59 pm »
LOL zuse.  I guess we're wearing a sunhat.. with.. pajamas.....????  XDDD

-Em
;)

Offline LeahLPS

« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 May 2010, 11:12 pm »
Lol, yeah, I know...I've always wondered about that particular bear's outfit too.  I'm not the original owner (I got most of these a couple of years ago at a local Goodwill), so I wonder if it may have originally had some sort of removable dress or vest that went over the top and matched the plaid hat?  But it's only a guess, and it still would have been quite a 'busy' outfit. ;)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 May 2010, 11:19 pm »
Yes that's probably right.  :)  Man, crazy and unique outfits were always the best to me.  Well, aside from the super cute ones I guess.  I loved anything unique though.  :D

-Em
;)

anything